Playing H264 Videos lags after 30 mins on Raspy 4

• Hi,

I am watching tons of videos in FullHD H264 from german ARD mediathek https://www.ardmediathek.de/

All of them start lagging after about 20 to 30 minutes of playback. I then stop and restart the video.

With lagging I mean the picture is stuttering and audio is out of sync.

H265 works fine.

any idea?

Raspy4B 2G

OpenElec 10, (doesn't show the version?!)

latest bootloader and USB firmware

original power supply, 42 °C under load

There is no obvious difference in bcmstat when playback stutters or when it doesn't.

btw, my Raspy3B suddenly started to lag with H265 videos (handbrake) which it didn't before. while H264 works fine (original power supply, too).

Maybe since upgrade from 9.2 to 10?

I used a Raspy1 for a year before, which did fine with H264 but always crashed with H265.

thanks

ps. there is something odd, why does it show only 1 gig of Memory?

• ah, thanks.
    Well, I usually trust in those great open source projects and don't read release notes ;)

The devel build has the same issue on my Raspy4

I just tried pause as well... pausing and waitung for a minute does not change anything. only full stop then restart at the last postition. to me this looks like a leak in the code somewhere.

For my Raspy3 I will go back to 9.2

I found a difference.

when it starts lagging the cpu usage of kodi.bin suddenly doubles from 25% to 50%

I believe it somehow loses timing. it tries to play the video as fast as possible instead of realtime.

Edited 2 times, last by oJPTo: Ein Beitrag von oJPTo mit diesem Beitrag zusammengefügt. (May 11, 2022 at 8:17 PM).