[LE10] AV sync issue - Force turbo not working

• Hello,

After an update to LE10 on my RPI3, I noticed the AV sync issue at video playback.

I tried to update the config.txt file with :

- force_turbo=1

or

-core_freq_min=500

This does not solve the issue. Is there another solution ?

• Hi there, I just had a similar problem, here is the thread:

Upgrading from pi 3 to pi 4, maybe, what do you think - LibreELEC - LibreELEC Forum

Also if you want to overclock this is what I use on my pi 3 BUT I have found that I do not need to do that anymore every since I updated.

arm_freq=1275

avoid_warnings=1

boot_delay=1

core_freq=500

dtparam=audio=on

initial_turbo=60

gpu_mem=76

h264_freq=333

hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1

over_voltage_sdram_c=4

over_voltage_sdram_p=6

over_voltage=4

sdram_freq=575

sdram_schmoo=0x02000020

temp_limit=85

v3d_freq=500

include distroconfig.txt

Could you post your log please for others to help?

• Sorry for the late answer.

Here some clarifications :

My rpi 3 is linked to my AV receiver, and my AV receiver is linked to my TV

Before my update I was using last version of LE, 9.2 I think, and everything worked fine

Since the LE 10 update, sometimes (not always) when I try to playback a video, my AV receiver loses the signal, or sometimes when I stop the video, the signal is sometimes also lost

I tried to bypass the AV receiver linking my rpi3 to my TV, and in that case no signal loss. So it seems that when the frequency is changed (my GUI is in 1980x1080p 60Hz) at the playback is the cause. If I set up in Kodi the "no change frequency", no signal loss.

So, I think something has changed in Kodi ?

Do you need a debug log or is it a known issue ?

Other thing, I have noticed that randomly during the video playback green dots on half of the screen appear and then suddenly disappear .. I don't know how to describe it precisely. Am I clear ?

I will provide a mediainfo of a file as soon as possible.

Thank you for your help.

• Green dots are often a sign of a bad HDMI cable or too high overclock. A/V sync issues can have lots of different causes, too.

Start by uploading a debug log where you reproduced your issue.

so long,

Hias

• Really weird, i'm not able to reproduce the issue of lost signal...

I'll post here the debug log as soon as the issue comes back.

About the "green dots", it's not really green dots, it's hard to explain. It reminds me the image of a used VHS, only on the half bottom of the image, and it lasts less than half a second, and then the image goes back to normal.

Something like that (jus to gave an idea) :

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/03/43/93/38/1000_F_343933836_WcILardD83rXUMjmr5Mvq9qFelodGN0c.jpg

I reproduced this issue bypassing my AV receiver, so rpi directly linked to my TV, and also with another HDMI cable.

Do you think debug log can help on that ?

• I couldn't spot anything unusual in the logs.

BTW: when posting log always use the log upload function in LE settings (or "pastekodi" via ssh) as it'll include more info which could be relevant than just kodi.log

so long,

Hias

• Got it for the logs !

I'm sure that it is the update that is the cause, because I've reproduced the issue with files that were OK before the update. I've also already tried another HDMI cable.

Can I do something else to troubleshoot this problem ?