libreelec freezes up after about 60 seconds of watching iptv

• Hi folks, I am having a small problem with my libreelec on pi3. Whenever I watching iptv I can only get 60 seconds or so before the system hangs/freezes. I am unable to ssh to it or use the remote thus forcing a hard power reset. Could someone please help me? Many thanks. Here is my log: ix.io/3WhK

• Change back gpu_mem to 76, with 512MB you waste a lot of memory and very certainly kodi runs out of memory because of this.

And use a better power supply, the RPi reports undervoltage, which can cause odd crashes as well.

so long,

Hias

• Thank you. I have done that. That helped some. I now get a couple of minutes. I am using a proper official pi plug though. But it still crashes on live iptv. Just not as quickly :) It is reporting undervoltage with a proper plug? That is concerning. Should I buy a new one?

• Thanks. Yeah, it is powering our main TV in the home so it would be like 20 hours a week for 5 years. I have another one that has not been used nearly as much, I'll swap it out and see what happens. Thanks.

PS: I hope this does not seem like a silly question but my plug is rated 2.5 A, is that a problem? My external devices have their own power supply so the pi just needs to power itself.

• I'm using a 3.1A PSU on my RPi 3B+. The benefit of a 3A+ PSU is that you can also use it for RPi 4 (with USB-C adapter). In case you're thinking about upgrading in the future, this comes in mind. Your choice.

• Hmmm, I changed the plug out and the problem continues, now granted it is also 5 years old but has only been used for in total maybe 100 hours. Surely it should be fine? Could it be anything else? Ordering a new plug online would be best?

• Post another log with the other PSU, and at log level 1. You're still at log level 0:

Code
    2022-04-26 10:49:16.271 T:837      INFO <general>: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.
    Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • Lolz, I'm stupid, sorry for wasting people's time, I see my SD card is full/nearly full, that must be the problem. Let me see how it is behaving now.

BUT I think you were right about the plug since I no longer see the error "Under-voltage detected!"

:P

Edited once, last by mathsgrinds (April 26, 2022 at 10:34 PM).