Intel NUC too slow looking for an other device

• hmm nice idea!

Ok i tried 15 times and ONE out of the 15times I was able to hear ATMOS sound!

I only connected the NUC to the AVR restarted couple of times and then suddenly I hear the sound. After I rebooted sound has been gone.

So it is very very very unstable and not clear why it works ones out of 15 tries...

• That's progress. It makes me thinking, it's not a software bug, but the HDMI cable (NUC -> AVR). Bugs usually don't behave like this.

Maybe it was working on Win10, because you had a lower screen resolution. This reduces the HDMI data rate, so there is enough room for Atmos data.

Try another HDMI cable, which is made for 4K (HDMI 2.0 or 2.1 standard).

• Already tried 7 different HDMI cables all with various length and all 2.1 specs. And now I use the one that worked with WIN10 + Kodi.

Since I still have this drive I installed it back into the NUC and it still works at 4k 60hz with ATOMS. So it must be a problem with libreelec that's 100% certain.

• ok I think I somehow got it working but not 100% what I wanted but good enough.

I now bought 5 different mini DP to HDMI converters and hooked them up to my 2 display out on the NUC.

Now I can play ATMOS content but "only" up to 4k 30fps. 4K 60fps does not work even though the cables / converters

would support it. It's not a deal breaker

So I'm happy for now but I don't understand why I can^t play ATMOS content over the HDMI port since on a windows instance with kodi the same port work sup to 4k 60fps and ATOMS....

• Do you use AMD or Intel graphics card?

I answer to myself: It's this Intel processor graphics.

Did you had a look at BIOS / EFI settings? Maybe you'll find a tweak for DisplayPort.

While playing Atmos, did you had a look at "Audio and subtitle settings", which is part of the playback bar on the bottom. That menu also has an "Enable passthrough" switch.

What's the "Passthrough output device" on LE settings? Do you have multiple choices?

• In the BIOS I couldn't find any option.

I have 13 different choices. From HDMI #0 up to HDMI #10 even tough the device itself has only one HDMI and one DP port and two analog outputs...

• Not sure about your current wiring now. If not already done, try:

AUDIO: HTPC HDMI -> AVR

VIDEO: HTPC DP -> adapter -> projector

Play around with different pass-through settings for this setup.

The specs at post #47 mention "Intel Clear Video (HD) Technology". If you find switches for that in the BIOS, try different settings.