TVHeadend client jerky / judder playback on Pi4 since 10.0.2

• I've been running TVHeadend Client on my Pi4 since LE10.0 and not had any problems. With the recent upgrade to LE10.0.2, I've noticed the playback of recorded TV has mild jerkiness / judder when playing back recorded 1080p / 50fps files. If I copy and play the raw *.TS file from the TVHeadend Server (A Pi3 running OSMC with Kodi 19.4), to the Pi4 and play it directly, it has the same effect. If I convert the raw *.TS file to *.MP4 and play it directly on the Pi4, I see it too.

However, when I play the raw *.TS file on the Pi3, the effect doesn't happen, but I get an interlaced picture instead.

It seems to be related the new HW decoding for H264 and de-interlacing. I've tried both the force_turbo=1 and the core_freq_min=500 settings in config.txt, but seen no difference.

Edited 4 times, last by sunny (April 17, 2022 at 7:27 AM).

• RESOLVED. I've done a range of tests and it turns out it is the new hardware based de-interlacing with the Pi4 that is the cause of the problem.

If I disable the de-interlacing, the video pans smoothly and I don't get the juddering effect.

I've made a note of this in the LE10 and de-interlacing in RPi4 thread.

Edited 2 times, last by sunny (April 17, 2022 at 8:37 AM).