Audio Output changed after power failure

• Hello everybody,

recently with high winds, we often get a power failure, crashing some of my systems.

With my LibreELEC I then often find, that no sound comes out, and the Audio Output is changed.

When working, I use "ALSA: vc4-hdmi-0 (vc4hdmi0), ONK HTX-22HDX on HDMI" - position #4 in the list of available Output devices.

After crash/startup it's changed to "PULSE: Default, Bluetooth Audio (PULSEAUDIO)" - position #5 in the list.

How to change the default one, or how to change it from command line, so I don't have to start up my video just to play some music?

pastekodi: http://ix.io/3UVe

journalctl: http://ix.io/3UVi

PS: the logs will probably not show anything - after a "clean reboot" the output does not change, so now it's working.

• I'd guess that after power outage the RPi is being booted before the HDMI source (AVR or TV) is on, so we don't detect it and fall back to the default Pulse (BT) output. It's fixed by powering up devices in the correct order (HDMI source first, then RPi) or worst-case by caching EDID data from the HDMI connection and configuring the kernel to read the cache at startup so it believes the HDMI source is connected.

IIRC .. run "getedid" from the console.

• Hi everyone,

I am on a Pi4 B with LE 10.0.2 fresh installed connected with HDMI 0 to a Denon AVR-1312. I also have Hyperion NG successfully installed with this instruction using a BaseTech BT-VC-200 USB 2.0 HDMI Grabber

Problem is this: When I turn off or reboot either the Denon or the Pi correctly and regardless in which order I turn the devices back on the Audio Decoder Section in Kodi only shows the greyed out PULSE: Default, Bluetooth Audio (PULSEAUDIO). If I sometimes leave all turned off over night and I turn it back on 1.DENON AVR 2. Pi4 3. Panasonic TV it sometimes shows the

ALSA: vc4-hdmi-0 (vc4hdmi), DON DENON-AVAMP on HDMI amongst other ALSA MAI and PCM options. Anyhow I ruined several installs over the last nights to repeat creating and changing getedid while not being able to reboot even and had to reinstall all over again. I dont understand how I can ssh a command that forces the ALSA: vc4-hdmi-0 (vc4hdmi), DON DENON-AVAMP on HDMI device to be used instead of the no sound PULSE: Default, Bluetooth Audio (PULSEAUDIO).

Any advise would be very much appreciated to be more relaxed when rebooting or turning all off now and then :)

Thanks

• I'd guess that after power outage the RPi is being booted before the HDMI source (AVR or TV) is on, so we don't detect it and fall back to the default Pulse (BT) output. It's fixed by powering up devices in the correct order (HDMI source first, then RPi) or worst-case by caching EDID data from the HDMI connection and configuring the kernel to read the cache at startup so it believes the HDMI source is connected.

IIRC .. run "getedid" from the console.

Thanks. That might be it part of the problem. Tke RPi runs pretty much constantly (if no unrequested shutdowns/reboots), whereas I turn off the audio HDMI. Is there a way to
    a) fix the setting, so it doesn't change it automatically

or
    b) change it from command line?

Thx