Allow Owntone (Daapd) add on to use bluetooth

• Hi there,

I have Libreelec runing on a Rpi4, and also have Owntone installed from linuxserver.io

It runs great, and can send audio to a second RPi3 that has shairport-sync running, and is connected to my stereo.

I would also like to be able to send audio from the Owntone server to a bluetooth speaker. It should be able to send music to a bluetooth speaker while Kodi is also playing different media, as I sometime do this with the shairport-sync on the second Rpi3.

I know that Owntone should technically be able to do this, but I can not seem to get it to detect any bluetooth devices. I wonder if it is because the Owntone server is running as a docker container?

If anyone knows how I go about enabling bluetooth for Owntone, I would greatly appreciate your input.

Cheers,
    F

• As a docker container, by default it is sandboxed. Anything the container should have access to, should be defined in the docker arguments. The addon only allows access to the config folder for saving persistent data and the music folder for access to media.

For that to work, the Bluetooth device likely needs to be mapped into the container. I've never attempted such a feat so I'm not sure if it's even possible.