bluetooth headphones pi4/libreelec/kodi

• Hi all

Firstly, I have to mention I'm almost hopelessly non-technical, so be kind please. Trying to pair my bt 'phones, but no joy so far. I went into SYSTEM>LIBREELEC>BLUETOOTH to see if anything would happen when I put my phones into pairing mode, but nothing did.

I've read a few of the bt threads both here and on the kodi forum and they all, without exception, went whooshing over my head. I hope there's someone out there who can help in a more simple fashion!

• There are different Bluetooth standards. Please compare the specs of your headphones and RPi 4. If RPi 4 Bluetooth isn't compatible to your headphones, then you probably need a Bluetooth dongle with the right specs.

PS: Make sure you have set the audio output device to Bluetooth on LE's audio settings. Also disable other Bluetooth points around you to avoid wrong routing.

• Hi all

Firstly, I have to mention I'm almost hopelessly non-technical, so be kind please. Trying to pair my bt 'phones, but no joy so far. I went into SYSTEM>LIBREELEC>BLUETOOTH to see if anything would happen when I put my phones into pairing mode, but nothing did.

I've read a few of the bt threads both here and on the kodi forum and they all, without exception, went whooshing over my head. I hope there's someone out there who can help in a more simple fashion!

I'm having the same problem, when I set my headphones to pair nothing shows on System/LE/Bluetooth. I guess as Da Flex said its a standards problem and a dongle might help.

There are different Bluetooth standards. Please compare the specs of your headphones and RPi 4. If RPi 4 Bluetooth isn't compatible to your headphones, then you probably need a Bluetooth dongle with the right specs.

PS: Make sure you have set the audio output device to Bluetooth on LE's audio settings. Also disable other Bluetooth points around you to avoid wrong routing.

I just bought Sony WH-CH510 headphones (BT 5.0, compatible profiles A2DP/AVRCP/HFP/HSP). I tought being both BT 5.0 would be enough but I guess Raspberry 4B isn't compatible with some profile type and I need a dongle. Could you recommend me one that would work? I don't know jacks**t about bluetooth profiles and I don't know what I should look for.

Edit: Ok so turned out it was just crappy reception on the built-in bluetooth. I used a very old dongle and there it was, a whoile bunch of devices and one of them was my headphones.

Edited once, last by Popler (May 11, 2022 at 8:01 PM).