[InputStream Adaptive] Widevine Installation Error

• Hey,

I installed LibreELEC on my Raspberry Pi 4 today. When trying to install widevine with InputStream Adaptive it is aborting with an error after downloading.

The log is showing this:

Code
    2022-04-09 17:56:03.309 T:1513  WARNING <general>: [script.module.inputstreamhelper] Downloading ChromeOS image for Widevine: BOB (14526.57.0)
    2022-04-09 17:56:03.475 T:1259     INFO <general>: Loading skin file: DialogConfirm.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
    2022-04-09 17:58:46.190 T:1513    FATAL <general>: [script.module.inputstreamhelper] File libwidevinecdm.so not found in the ChromeOS image
    2022-04-09 17:58:46.191 T:1513    FATAL <general>: [script.module.inputstreamhelper] Extracting widevine from the zip failed!
    2022-04-09 17:58:46.229 T:1513  WARNING <general>: [script.module.inputstreamhelper] Recursively create directory '/storage/.kodi/cdm/'.
    2022-04-09 17:58:46.232 T:1513    ERROR <general>: [script.module.inputstreamhelper] Widevine CDM is not installed.
    2022-04-09 17:58:46.938 T:1513     INFO <general>: CPythonInvoker(17, /storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.inputstreamhelper/default.py): script successfully run
    2022-04-09 17:58:47.478 T:1513     INFO <general>: Python interpreter stopped

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix it?

• This line [script.module.inputstreamhelper] File libwidevinecdm.so not found in the ChromeOS image says all about it.

Try installing Widevine from alternative sources like the SlyGuy Common addon.

• Same here. I do not know if it helps... I have found a recipe for getting libwidevinecdm for vivaldi from

External Content gist.github.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Feeding the URL to "Input stream helper" did not help, neither feeding it with downloaded .bin.zip or .bin file.

I have managed on my Linux box to extract libwidevinecdm.so file from the image.

Now I wonder if what would be the place to put it?

• This line [script.module.inputstreamhelper] File libwidevinecdm.so not found in the ChromeOS image says all about it.

Try installing Widevine from alternative sources like the SlyGuy Common addon.

Thanks for you answer, but it didn't help because some apps require inputstreamer and SlyGuy can't be used.

This is a known issue in inpuptstreamhelper, see here https://github.com/emilsvennesson…lper/issues/511 - comments in the issue also contain a workaround

so long,

Hias

This worked, for everyone:
    I opened the file /storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.inputstreamhelper/lib/inputstreamhelper/widevine/arm_chromeos.py and replaced line 96 with

Code
                    if dir_dict['inode'] < self.sb_dict['s_inodes_count']:

then everything worked as expected.

Thank you all for your help :)