LE 10.0.2 not loading on a RPI4

• Hello everyone,

here is my problem : LE 10.0 does not load on my RPI 4 4go anymore.

It worked perfectly fine until the last update (same SD card, same RPI, same TV).

Computer used to install LE on the RPI : Macbook Pro M1 pro

RPI : Rpi 4, 4 go (working perfectly fine with octoprint on my 3D printer)

TV : LG 42LH3000 (old one)

What happen is that LE 10.0 load fine the first time and then auto update at the second start. It then restart and as soon as it should load the libreelec screen, it is just a black screen.

I tried to put updating on manual mode but it does not stop this auto-update on the second launch. Everything works perfectly fine on the first launch.

I tried to do a fresh install of the latest version of LE for the RPI (10.0.2) but this time i get the same black screen but during the first launch.

It seems to me that the problem comes with version 10.0.2 either when i do the fresh install or when it auto-update to it.

I would be very interested if anyone has an idea of what to do to stop the installation of this version (shutting down the internet until the end of the second launch ?) :).

Edited once, last by Zemb (April 6, 2022 at 5:07 PM).

• Go to Best Answer
  • Do you get a picture after you switch inputs on your TV? If yes it's a known issue, see here for a simple workaround until it's resolved:

yullaw
    December 4, 2021 at 12:22 PM

so long,

Hias

• Its a problem of that LG generation, afaik creating a edid file fixes it

https://wiki.libreelec.tv/configuration/edid#generic-x86_64

Thanks for that link, i will check it out.

Do you get a picture after you switch inputs on your TV? If yes it's a known issue, see here for a simple workaround until it's resolved:

yullaw
    December 4, 2021 at 12:22 PM

so long,

Hias

I actually found that workaround yesterday while the message was being accepted by moderation. Switching intput back and forth worked perfectly well :).