Editing Shares via SSH

• Hi my Pi 4 has been running fine with LibreELEC doing it's stuff without too much attention from me. My problem is some of my Network shares have changed, server names either obsolete or replaced. When LibreELEC tries to refresh it shows error message on the Screen, for the life of me, I can not find out a < your shares are listed here folder > so I thought there has to be some way to access it via SSH.

I looked at;

chewitt
    December 17, 2021 at 4:38 AM

I can login is root but I can not see an xml file /storage/.kodi/usersdata/sources.xml nor can I see that folder structure.

cd /storage

-----------------------------------------------

LibreELEC:~ # cd storage

-sh: cd: can't cd to storage: No such file or directory

It would make my life a lot easier simply to open a config file and edit it via ssh in this instance.

Any suggestions what I'm doing wrong or where to look for the answers?

After blundering around a bit I beleive I've found an accurate location

Cannot connect to my Music & Video folders on my NAS - General Support - LibreELEC Forum

I'll check it out shortly. but seems to look like it.

Later time permitting :(

Edited once, last by petcol: Merged a post created by petcol into this post. (April 4, 2022 at 2:06 AM).

• Oh how embarrassing I think I did a fou pa by dropping the l in xml

nano /storage/.kodi/userdata/sources.xm :(

nano /storage/.kodi/userdata/sources.xml :)

• -----------------------------------------------

LibreELEC:~ # cd storage

-sh: cd: can't cd to storage: No such file or directory

The shell starts in /storage and there is no "storage" folder there (would be /storage/storage) so the error message being shown is correct and the sources file is still in /storage/.kodi/userdata/sources.xml .. so "cd .kodi/userdata/" or just open nano with the full path.

• Thanks for getting back soo quickly much appreciated, I have noticed something, and not 100% sure of the correct syntax so don't want to muck it up.

in the .kodi/userdata/

the file

favourites.xml

Still shows one of the missing servers in the multipath string, I'm thought they might be ASCII characters but now I'm not sure are replaceing : or @ but when i look up those the ASCII isn't the same :( i

<favourite name="myStuff">ActivateWindow(10025,&WCF_AMPERSAND"multipath://smb%3a%2f%2f<servername>.local%2f<folder>/smb%3a%2f%2f<servername2>.local%2f<folder2>/&WCF_AMPERSAND",return) </favourite>

So not sure what the

%3a

or

%2f

Are in the real world or the escape character is

Also not sure what other xml files would need to be modified? If you have suggestions.

Edited once, last by petcol (April 4, 2022 at 8:54 AM).

• I did a rebuild of the SD card and I now have the Raspberry pi connected Keyboard and Mouse to my Monitor, making a whole lot more sense, this way.