[OE to LE migration] is there an arch-independent patch?

• Hi, folks. I've got this crappy device Xtreamer Wonder, based on "Amlogic S812-H".

Now, the question is - can I migrate to LibreELEC without actually building dedicated version of this firmware from source?

Like, installing some kind of "delta", arch independent patch, to convert existing installation of OpenELEC into LibreELEC.

Is it possible? :huh:

P.S. - Xtreamer Wonder - Specs

• Not possible (without an immense amount of pre-testing) and there are no official images for S812 devices. You might find something suitable in the Amlogic community section of the forum though. If it's a crappy device, it might be time to swap it out for something better.

• Not possible (without an immense amount of pre-testing) and there are no official images for S812 devices. You might find something suitable in the Amlogic community section of the forum though. If it's a crappy device, it might be time to swap it out for something better.

Totally agree, mate. This device has been giving me hard time ever since I've got it.

I know it's an off-top, but can you please suggest me some other device, which has a great LibreELEC support, and built-in WiFi antenna (for network sharing purposes) ?

• Hub has the newer S905-H chipset which is considerably better than the older MX chip in the WeTek Play v1. WeTek Play v2 uses exactly the same S905-H chip as the Hub but has more RAM and a Tuner card.

If you want something rock solid with LE the Raspberry Pi v3 is probably the best supported and most stable device, but it sadly doesn't have 4k/HEVC capabilities.

• Hub has the newer S905-H chipset which is considerably better than the older MX chip in the WeTek Play v1. WeTek Play v2 uses exactly the same S905-H chip as the Hub but has more RAM and a Tuner card.

If you want something rock solid with LE the Raspberry Pi v3 is probably the best supported and most stable device, but it sadly doesn't have 4k/HEVC capabilities.

Does ODROID-C2 look like a nice competitor versus both, Play 2 and Pi 3, or is it just me ? :s

• Once you add a case, wireless, bluetooth, cables, PSU, and a decent USB tuner, etc. the price difference between C2 and WP2 won't be so large. If you like the DIY approach you'll favour the HK product. If you like everything shrinkwrapped the WeTek box will look good. They're different devices created to suit different consumer tastes.

No random PM please. I've nothing more to say in private than I'll post here.