Libreelec official Beelink x2 image no wifi & wrong resolution v2

• What kind of adapter is that?

Just a "normal" passive DVI -> HDMI adapter. The monitor works with the exact same cable/adapter with other linux hosts.

Your box either doesn't have same wifi as mine X2 or they rerouted some traces. I suggest you open up the box and check which wifi module is used.

So if I comment the sunxi wiki:

PCB revision 3.0 came with AP6181 WiFi which has been replaced by RTL8189ETV (as used on the older H3 Orange Pis, eg. Orange Pi Plus). Pin mapping remained the same so no need to modify fex or device tree contents, just a different driver is needed.

There isn't any change to find out the used hardware using some console magic over ssh? If not I will open the box up and see if I can find anything :thumbup:

• Ah, if it has RTL8189ETV, then you're out of luck. There is no driver in mainline kernel and team decided against inclusion of any out of tree wifi driver, unless there is strong indication that it will land in kernel (no such indication for RTL8189ETV).

I couldn't find any method for reading SDIO IDs from running system, so opening up is simplest thing to do.

• Ah, if it has RTL8189ETV, then you're out of luck. There is no driver in mainline kernel and team decided against inclusion of any out of tree wifi driver, unless there is strong indication that it will land in kernel (no such indication for RTL8189ETV).

Oh, that's painful! Is there any support for usb wifi chips out of the box? I should have one or two flying around somewhere... Is it worth to try?

so opening up is simplest thing to do

...and this device is hold together by clipped plastic as I read in the sunxi-wiki... how I love this! :rolleyes:

PS: WTF:!:

...some()thing(s) is/are clearly wrong in this forum <X

• Any way it looks like, even my hardware (beelink x2) is supported with a dedicated image by libreelec it will not work with a custom resolution I have (or the display doesn't communicate that right) and the wifi module in my revision also doesn't work.

I will get myself some decent hardware which is supported by coreelec and call it a day!

And thank's a lot jernej - really appreciate the time you invested to help me!