hardware encoder and decoder for webRTC

• We want to develop our own software based on webRTC for video calling. We are using KHADAS VIM3-Pro board. initially we tried ubuntu OS but there is no hardware decoding encoding. We used chromium browser and Firefox browser for video calling on webRTC. We are facing a video lagging issue and also observed that cpu usage and load average goes to very high. this we have faced with Ubuntu.

Does your OS provide hardware decoding and encoding ? Please provide steps if supported.

• Amlogic G12B hardware (inc. VIM3) has working H264, working 8-bit VP9 and working but imperfect HEVC decoding in the LE codebase and no support for 10-bit media or encoding. I run zero testing with conventional desktop OS like Ubuntu so cannot speak for how well our patchset might work in browsers or with WebRTC applications.

https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv/ <= all sources (URLs or patches) are clearly listed here. If you want proper support and assistance with the upstream codebase I'd suggest you reach out to the Amlogic kernel maintainers at Baylibre who authored most of the drivers - who would love someone to fund more man-hours of development time so they can add more functionality and finish/polish features.

• Thanks chewitt

I have question as below

(1) Can we install package such as Nodejs , npm , websocket , and chromium-browser in LibreElec ?

if yes what is command or steps to be followed

(2) can we run chromium browser in LibreElec ?