[UNOFFICIAL][RK3228/RK3229][box]Libreelec builds

• hi shkelqimselimi,

often the android installed in these boxes reports false memory quantities. I can't tell you why, probably to sell as many items as possible.

My build shows the real data, which most likely in your case is 1GB.

Anyway try my build, it's a good android alternative for these boxes.

• Hi all,

new build available with:

- linux 5.10.142

- removed esp8089 wireless linux driver (not working)

- added rtl8192f usb driver

- better emcp support (thanks @Harleythetech for testing)

- mesa3d 22.2.0

- revised cpu/gpu clocks and voltage

- new kernel config

- small fixes

This build contains some substantial changes that have been tested for over a month on my boards that I use on a daily basis, with no obvious problems. However the suggestion to try it on the SD card before updating is, for me, mandatory.

I also rented a small server to publish my builds and save valuable space on my personal google drive.

It has few resources but if I realize it is necessary, I could think of an upgrade.

Cheers

Michele

• Hi all,

- linux 5.10.146

- fix regression in hardware deinterlace filter (missing driver in kernel config)

- updated kodi & libreelec to latest upstream changes

Cheers

Michele

• Hi all,

- linux 5.10.148

- fix HDMI alsa card name (you need to reselect HDMI output audio from settings)

- fix for a model of remote controller (thanks istvanhenkel)

- updated libreelec to the latest upstream changes

Cheers

Michele

• Code
    Thanks for your work IlMich, unfortunately your October version for my Mxq pro rk3229 2 ghz does not work, it gives me an error at startup and does not load while the July version is fine for me even if it crashes every now and then even if septum the analog audio automatically at the next start goes to hdmi by default.
    but still I stay on the July version, too bad.
  • Code
    Code
    mich now I have cleaned up your version of July again and it no longer gives me the problem of the aux that at every switch on sent me the audio in hdmi in default, but the fact remains that I do not load the latest version of you of October.
    Another thing I tried as in the first post to load the dtb via ssh but I can't, but you do this command via windows or linux rk322x-dtb-switch.sh?
  • the rk322x-dtb-switch is for ssh sessions. this is because with internal storage installations, changing dtb was hard.

if you are using a bootable sd card edit the file extlinux.conf (located on the first fat partition) and change dtb

for your boot problem, without some logs/screen...

• Code
    Hi Ilmich explain to me the procedure to be able to choose my dtb step by step(whats edit the file extlinux.conf ) thanks.
    I repeat myself I use the sd and the July version suits me quite well while your October version does not start and gives me an error as a processor I think. thank you
  • I repeat myself too, show me the error. It could be a voltage not compatible with your card (I have 3 boards and it seems strange to me)

. But you understand that it's hard for me when someone says .. it doesn't work, but then it disappears or doesn't give helpful information.

If, on the other hand, it's a voltage problem, use the dts of the version that works. In other words copy the dts from july version (you can find them in the .tar version of my builds)

But again, without the system logs, you can write anything, but I can't help you / improve my builds.

You always do it, you say nothing works but then you don't help me understand.

thank you

• Code
    Hi Ilmich ok I succeeded it was enough to replace in extlinux.conf (with txt), after creating the SD with the 
    image and before starting the box, this dtb "rk3229-box-hk1mini-ovclk.dtb".
    Now your October version goes and also with the right led of the android box, and even with the original remote control, thank you for help me
  • Does the new GPU driver makes the Kodi GUI run smoother or is it still the same as before? (just curious)

• same as before,but I can't say if there is some margin on mesa development that can make mali 400 works better, or we have reached the best possibile driver. but keep in mind that estuary skin is not the fastest one, confluence for example is much smoother.

• Hi unfortunately I'm using your October version and I notice two problems the first does not work the Samba and the second while watching a video on the net it fizzes and gets stuck, you have to restart it and the dtb that are good for my box are either hk01 overclock or mxq4k.

• hi markosc,

thanks for the logs. For the boot problem, I think it needs to go back to the initial voltages because they don't work for everyone.

For the other problem, I saw an error in the kernel graphics driver. I'm trying to figure out what it might be about

• hi MIKMXIII,

for both problems check your network. If the system has no problems with local video, and without being able to see any logs, I can tell you that the problem is in the network connection. Try the ethernet cable if you are using wifi.