Raspberry Pi 4, LibreELEC 10.0.1, HifiBerry / PCM5122

• I have a I2S sound card HifiBerry type based on PCM5122, it's the only device connected to my raspi, and after update I cannot see it anymore.

In my config.txt file I have added the line:

Code
    dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplus

The troubleshooting guide (https://www.hifiberry.com/docs/software/no-sound-checklist/) from their website starts with "aplay -l" command, which for me shows:

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # aplay -l
    **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
    card 0: vc4hdmi0 [vc4-hdmi-0], device 0: MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0 [MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0]
    Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
    card 1: vc4hdmi1 [vc4-hdmi-1], device 0: MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0 [MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0]
    Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

This list should show "hifiberry-dacplus" but it does not.

Further, there is a guide here: https://www.hifiberry.com/docs/software/…g-linux-3-18-x/

For Linux 5.4 they suggest to disable the onboard EEPROM by adding:

Code
    force_eeprom_read=0

I am not sure which linux kernel is LibreELEC 10.0.1 using but adding this does not fix anything.

Output from "sudo vcdbg log msg'

Any suggestions please?

• Thanks. Do you use HiFiBerry DAC+ in standard edition (RCA version), or something else?

PS: Try dtoverlay=hifiberry-dac (without the "plus", reboot necessary).

• I am using a generic breakout board for the PCM5122

So, trying with dtoverlay=hifiberry-dac now shoes hifiberry-dac in the list of audio outputs, but hifiberry-dac is based on PCM5102 not on PCM5122 which I need so I get no sound.

It is strange that one of them shows up and the other does not.

• I really doubt this to be the answer, as the PCM5122 is used in a lot of boards. IQaudIO also makes similar boards.

After checking my hardware one more time it seemed that the connections made with wires were unreliable, so I just soldered short shielded wires and it solved my issue.