Shared Library and MySQL does not work on LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.90.008

• Same problem here:

With 7.0.3 everything was fine. After upgrade to 7.95.2 the problem appears:

If I start the PC Kodi connects to the mySQL database. If i restart the PC kodi is unable to connect to the database:

09:43:22.556 T:139934230849280 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic60 [2003](Can't connect to MySQL server on '172.20.2.106' (101))

Kodi also cann´t connect to the tvheadend server:

09:43:22.792 T:139932173592320 ERROR: AddOnLog: Tvheadend HTSP Client: pvr.hts - unable to connect to 172.20.2.5:9981

Some seconds later Kodi can connect and shows my tv programm.

"Wait for Network"-Switch is enabled. But it seems it is not working correctly.

If I restart Kodi (systemctl restart kodi) instead of the entire PC Kodi connects to the database. Also, if I restart kodi after restarting the PC it will connect.

My System is a Intel NUC 6th Generation .

Edited once, last by Tec79 (February 4, 2017 at 9:01 AM).

• The problem still exits in 7.95.3, but I can provide additional information:

The issue disappears if I deactive IPv6. Is it possible that "Wait for network" stops waiting if IPv6 connections are possible even IPv4 aren´t? IPv6 is "automatic", IPv4 is "DHCP" - so it is possible that the IPv4-Stack waits for an DHCP response while IPv6 is working?

• The problem still exits in 7.95.3, but I can provide additional information:

The issue disappears if I deactive IPv6. Is it possible that "Wait for network" stops waiting if IPv6 connections are possible even IPv4 aren´t? IPv6 is "automatic", IPv4 is "DHCP" - so it is possible that the IPv4-Stack waits for an DHCP response while IPv6 is working?

This is possible yes.

• Hi, got a similar if not the same problem.

Noticed that my mysql-based data source is not properly read after a reboot.

However, on the same client I have another profile running which does not use the mysql db, though the same network share. That profile is intended for our children, there's no need for that to "sync" its state via the mysql-db.

So, from what I see the error happens every time I reboot libreelec on the oDroid C2 (will test VIM within the next few days, but don't expect anything different there...), but when I log in to the profile without the mysql setup "and" then log back into the main profile using the mysql-db, it works.

Either there's an issue with the initial mysql-db connection after reboot "or" there's an issue with accessing the actual network share "after" connecting to the mysql-db.

Haven't checked logs yet, just installed everything yesterday evening, cannot sleep right now for whatever reason and thought I'd look up how to fix that, so I stumbled over this thread. Seems to match ...

One note though: I imported the video library from another installation, I did not add the actual network share as source...

• Hi, I was having the same problem. Kodi starts up then the network comes up later so it does not connect to the mysql database. My machine is a H96 Pro+ with the Amlogic S912 soc.

I tried all the answers above which did not work. I then settled on a simple fix.

I created an autostart.sh file in the .config directory and added

sleep 15

This did stop kodi for 15 seconds to allow the network to establish.