Sound Issue With Onkyo TX-NR626

• With newly flashed SD-card sound works fine on TV. Connected to my AV-Receiver (Onkyo TX-NR626) after booting: On surface there is a click every now and then, but HDMI and sound indicators flashing (handshake problem?). Playing video no sound at all. This affects all Allwinner chips, H3, H5, H6 and R40. I tried several options (Sound always on, fixed samplerate to 44.1 kHz...) but no change at all.

Kodi log (ALSA):

CAESinkALSA::Initialize - Opened device "hdmi:CARD=allwinnerhdmi,DEV=0,AES0=0x04,AES1=0x82,AES2=0x00,AES3=0x00"

CAESinkALSA::InitializeHW - Unable to open the required number of channels

CAESinkALSA::InitializeHW - Your hardware does not support AE_FMT_FLOAT, trying other formats

CAESinkALSA::InitializeHW - Using data format AE_FMT_S24NE4

(the same with other devices)

Any suggestions?

• I also have an Onkyo TX-NR626 connected to an Tanix TX6 with Allwinner H6. For me it works out of the box:

I use the VP9 test image and playing movies, music and Youtube all works well. But I remember that I once had problems with Onkyo and HDMI and resolved it with a new HDMI cable.

• I also have an Onkyo TX-NR626 connected to an Tanix TX6 with Allwinner H6. For me it works out of the box:

I use the VP9 test image and playing movies, music and Youtube all works well. But I remember that I once had problems with Onkyo and HDMI and resolved it with a new HDMI cable.

Thank you. Changing the HDMI cable: same as before. But I have a Q6+ TV-Box. Built the latest custom image and... it works! So I build more images with following results:

R40 (BananaPi): no sound

H3 (Libretech ALL-H3): no sound

H5 (Libretech ALL-H5): no sound and no picture (Reminder: Only over Onkyo Receiver)´

H6 (OrangePi 3): working, even passthrough working.

This leaves me puzzled. Maybe only *.dtb issue? Next step maybe trying Armbian...