Mac Mini 2010 cannot boot LE

• Hi

I just did a clean install of LE 7.0 on my Mac Mini 2010. Previously I used OE (nVidia Legacy).
    The installation itself seemed fine (I have not seen anything unusual).
    Booting LE shows the LE splash screen for a moment but after that the screen turns black and a (black) mouse cursor appears. I can move the cursor with a mouse, so the system is still responsive but nothing happens from here. I tried SSH'ing to my Mini but it tells me the connection is refused, I can however ping the Mini. So network is working.

I am not really sure what the problem is here because network is working and I can move the mouse cursor so at least a part of the GUI must be working. It's strange however that SSH isn't working.

Does someone know what might be the problem here?

Thanks!

• I don't think it's related cause the 2011 Mini is fundamentally different from the 2010 version. The 2010 uses an nVidia chipset, the 320m, whereas the 2011 and onwards use Intel.
    You can at least boot to Kodi and I believe you can ssh to your Mini? Mine isn't able to start Kodi or services like SSH.
    I believe the problem is related to the nVidia driver.

Is there a way to retrieve logs in this state (no ssh)?

Edited once, last by HandySam (May 5, 2016 at 6:24 PM).

• I just installed the OE 7.0 beta 3.
    I don't have any issues with OE, with 7.0 they also have a generic image which includes nVidia legacy drivers.