Viera Link: Not all buttons are working anymore

• Hello,

I have a panasonic TV with viera link and in the past I was using a raspberry generation 1 with Openelec. Now I have changed to a raspberry 4 with Libreelec.

I can control Libreelec with my TV remote, but the "play", "pause", "stop", "fast forward" and "fast backward" are not working anymore. With the raspberry 1 and Openelec these buttons were working.

When I stop Kodi and start the cec-client manually I can see the codes which are send by the TV for the other buttons ('OK', 'Navigate', 'Red', 'Blue, ...) when they are pressed and released. But for the "pause", ... buttons I don't see anything.

Do you have any idea why these buttons are not working anymore even if they were working with the old raspberry and Openelec ? I have not changed any TV settings.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

Best Regards

• Thank you.

After "*Power*-button, keep it pressed, and press *7* *3* *Stop*" the buttons are working.

But it looks like that this has to done every time after Libreelec has started - if I keep the TV switched on and restart Libreelec the buttons do not work anymore until the sequence above is entered again.

Is Libreelec sending something to the TV at startup which causes that the buttons do not work ? If yes, can I change this ?

• Is Libreelec sending something to the TV at startup which causes that the buttons do not work ?

No. Your magic RC key combo makes the RC sending different codes. Use key mapping instead. Programming the color buttons is the easiest solution.