TV/AVR turns back on right after turning them off

• Just post here in the forum - but please don't edit your posts if you add test results, always create a separate post with that info.

We don't get any notification when you later change your older posts (only on new posts) so no one saw the line you added about one day later that the test build didn't work either...

so long,

Hias

Sorry about that! I did it again above, I'll be more cognizant of it next time. You have a fair point for sure. Let me know if there's anyway I can help. Thanks again for your work!

• There is a test build here.

Place in /storage/.update and reboot to update. It's a Matrix build with some kernel debug options added.

By default it should behave the same as official release. But you can try some modifications by adding options to /flash/cmdline.txt

The default behaviour delays invalidating cec address when hotplug is deasserted for 1000ms (in case it gets reasserted).

That fixes the AVS off/on problem for me with a Panasonic TV and Onkyo reciever.

Try with vc4.inval_delay=5000 (added to end of /flash/cmdline.txt) to increase this delay further.

If that fails, then try another setting.

vc4.inval_delay=0 vc4.cec_debug=0x100

That will ignore the hotplug deasserted message completely. I'd be interested if either (or both) of these helps.

• This is the log with vc4.inval_delay=5000 at the end of cmdline.txt:

hastebin

It did not work either T_T

This is the log with vc4.inval_delay=0 vc4.cec_debug=0x100 which is not working for me as well

hastebin

By the way, how to make sure that the update occured?

Thank you

Edited once, last by monotony (March 28, 2022 at 4:58 PM).

• By the way, how to make sure that the update occured?

Code
    LibreELEC5:~ # grep . /sys/module/vc4/parameters/*
    /sys/module/vc4/parameters/cec_debug:256
    /sys/module/vc4/parameters/fkms_max_refresh_rate:85
    /sys/module/vc4/parameters/inval_delay:0
    /sys/module/vc4/parameters/tv_norm:(null)

If you are not running the correct version, then you won't see the cec_debug/inval_delay entries.

And the values shown should match what you added to cmdline.txt

• Ok then It seems that the update did not worked as I do not have the inval_delay value.

I extracted the content of the tar of the test build into ./update but I will just put the tar file into that folder and try again tonight.

Sorry for the mistake.

• Ok this time I tried with the correct test build and here is my result with vc4.inval_delay=5000:

hastebin

Please note that /sys/module/vc4/parameters/inval_delay value is always 1000 regardless using vc4.inval_delay=5000 or vc4.inval_delay=0 vc4.cec_debug=0x100 at cmdline.txt

And it did not work for me unfortunately.

• Please note that /sys/module/vc4/parameters/inval_delay value is always 1000 regardless using vc4.inval_delay=5000 or vc4.inval_delay=0 vc4.cec_debug=0x100 at cmdline.txt

That suggests you haven't edited /flash/cmdline.txt correctly.

What does:

Code
    cat /flash/cmdline.txt
    cat /proc/cmdline

report?

• Thanks for your quick reply popcornmix.

It was once again my bad as I put vc4.inval_delay=5000 after a line break and not immediately on the same line after "quiet" on cmdline.txt

And I'm happy to say that it is working with this value!!! It does not turn on after being powered off!! I'm so happy now!

hastebin

Code
    grep . /sys/module/vc4/parameters/*
    /sys/module/vc4/parameters/cec_debug:0
    /sys/module/vc4/parameters/fkms_max_refresh_rate:85
    /sys/module/vc4/parameters/inval_delay:5000
    /sys/module/vc4/parameters/tv_norm:(null)
    Code
    LibreELEC:~ # cat /proc/cmdline
    coherent_pool=1M 8250.nr_uarts=0 snd_bcm2835.enable_compat_alsa=0 snd_bcm2835.enable_hdmi=1  smsc95xx.macaddr=E4:5F:01:6E:EF:84 vc_mem.mem_base=0x3ec00000 vc_mem.mem_size=0x40000000  boot=UUID=0503-3724 disk=UUID=35edecc5-1628-4f09-b69a-bd0498e093cd quiet vc4.inval_delay=5000
  • It was once again my bad as I put vc4.inval_delay=5000 after a line break and not immediately on the same line after "quiet" on cmdline.txt

And I'm happy to say that it is working with this value!!! It does not turn on after being powered off!! I'm so happy now!

Okay good to know. It would be helpful if you could confirm whether a smaller number also works (try with 4000, 3000, 2000).

Also try with "vc4.inval_delay=0 vc4.cec_debug=0x100" which I suspect will also fix it.

It would also be useful if any other affected users could test.

• Here with 2000 value, which is working for me:

Code
    coherent_pool=1M 8250.nr_uarts=0 snd_bcm2835.enable_compat_alsa=0 snd_bcm2835.enable_hdmi=1  smsc95xx.macaddr=E4:5F:01:6E:EF:84 vc_mem.mem_base=0x3ec00000 vc_mem.mem_size=0x40000000  boot=UUID=0503-3724 disk=UUID=35edecc5-1628-4f09-b69a-bd0498e093cd quiet vc4.inval_delay=2000

hastebin

And this one with vc4.inval_delay=0 vc4.cec_debug=0x100 which also works:

Code
    coherent_pool=1M 8250.nr_uarts=0 snd_bcm2835.enable_compat_alsa=0 snd_bcm2835.enable_hdmi=1  smsc95xx.macaddr=E4:5F:01:6E:EF:84 vc_mem.mem_base=0x3ec00000 vc_mem.mem_size=0x40000000  boot=UUID=0503-3724 disk=UUID=35edecc5-1628-4f09-b69a-bd0498e093cd quiet vc4.inval_delay=0 vc4.cec_debug=0x100

hastebin

• I installed your test build and the 'vc4.inval_delay=5000' added to the cmdline.txt appears to have resolved the issue in my setup. That is with an LG C9 and Yamaha TSR-7810 AVR with the Rpi4 plugged into the AVR using CEC over the ARC HDMI connection. Thanks for looking into this issue! Does this test build include the updates from 10.0.2 and is it safe to continue running or do you recommend that I revert back until your fix is rolled into the next release?

• I installed your test build and the 'vc4.inval_delay=5000' added to the cmdline.txt appears to have resolved the issue in my setup. That is with an LG C9 and Yamaha TSR-7810 AVR with the Rpi4 plugged into the AVR using CEC over the ARC HDMI connection. Thanks for looking into this issue! Does this test build include the updates from 10.0.2 and is it safe to continue running or do you recommend that I revert back until your fix is rolled into the next release?

Yes, this build matches 10.0.2 and you can continue using it. Please confirm if vc4.inval_delay=2000 also works for you.

Also report if vc4.inval_delay=0 vc4.cec_debug=0x100 works for you.

• Yes, this build matches 10.0.2 and you can continue using it. Please confirm if vc4.inval_delay=2000 also works for you.

Also report if vc4.inval_delay=0 vc4.cec_debug=0x100 works for you.

vc4.inval_delay=5000 and vc4.inval_delay=2000 both appear to prevent my TV/AVR from turning back on after shutdown. However there is some issues with the TV recognizing ARC as default with these settings and I will have to switch it back to ARC from internal speakers.

vc4.inval_delay=0 vc4.cec_debug=0x100 also works in preventing unwanted power on, but does not appear to have the above problem with preventing the initial ARC handshake. I am using this setting in cmdline.txt for now and haven't run into any issues.

• I've updated to LE10.0.2 yesterday and the CEC-Bug is annoying...

I've now installed your testbuild and added vc4.inval_delay=3000 to cmdline.txt (2000 was not enough and turned TV back on sometimes).

I would say it now works good, but not as good as on LE9. If I turn off the TV and AVR at (nearly) the same time, the TV goes back on. If I turn off one device first and some (2-3) seconds later the other device, everything is ok.

I am using a LG TV and Denon AVR.

Thanks for your work!

(BTW: I need CEC only to turn on my TV (with kodi-send --action=CECActivateSource), because it can't be powered on over network.)

• Have you tried:

vc4.inval_delay=0 vc4.cec_debug=0x100

I found that worked better for me overall.