RPi4B LibreElec Nightly Display Wrapping 1 Pixel with LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-nightly-20211027-f11ba02

• Lots of work going on. Great effort kind people.

I notice the screen is wrapping by 1 horizontal pixel with upgrade to LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-nightly-20211027-f11ba02.

chook

• Please provide more info, at least we need a pastekodi debug log where you reproduced the issue.

Did you do anything special to trigger this, eg switching resolutions? Is the previous nightly (20211026) OK?

The only way I can trigger that is when switching to 720x480i or 720x576i and then back to eg 1920x1080, but this is a known issue for quite a while (and those modes should better be avoided as they are buggy and result in pixelated output).

so long,

Hias

• I upgraded to the nightly in question on a SD card. Did a system backup. Installed the latest nightly on a new USB SSD. I booted from the USB SSD then restored the backup. After a restart and re-enabling code for the Justboom digi hat. All seemed to be running OK but was running much hotter than normal. I rebooted after moving the USB SSD to the powered USB hub as the SSD was quite warm. This made little difference to the temperature which was creeping up with nothing running. The screen wrap was still evident at this time. I decided it was running several degrees cooler on the SD card so removed the USB SSD. And the pixel wrap has gone. So maybe it was power supply issue? Though the Powered USB has a separate 4A power supply. I'm wont pursue this further assuming it was a power issue.

Update: While the screen wrap issue has resolved itself using the SD card, the temperature is still running at 48°C compared to 39°C to 43°C. I've checked that WiFi is off. I use a wired network.

chook

Edited once, last by chook55: Updated info. (October 28, 2021 at 11:02 AM).

• 29/10/21 7:30am It seems the wrap is caused by booting from the USB-SDD. To confirm I removed the USB-SSD went back to SD card. No problem with display wrap. Is running 40°C on idle and 43°C while playing a video.

29/10/21 8:17 AM To replicate the issue I have booted again with the USB SSD (Sandisk Extreme Pro USB 3.2 SSD) and can confirm the wrap around is back. Boot time was over a couple of minutes by the way.

I'm going to update to the latest nightly. 2021/10/28. Done. Result: Screen Wrap is still evident. At idle temperature settled to 41°C

chook

• I'm still using the USB boot (which has become very fast) and the 20211029 nightly. It seems like the screen wrap resolved itself.

I'll mark as resolved.

cheers

Chook