rasplex tethering disables access to plex server

• Hello,

I have setup rasplex on a raspberry PI 3 in my attic. The raspberry is connected to my modem through ethernet cable & DHCP. I have access to the Plex Media Server and it works fine.

Now I want to use the tethering capabilities of rasplex, so that I can have Wifi in the attic through this access point.

When I activate it, I set up a SSID name & password, and indeed I have Wifi access, network speed is ~ok enough.

However, when I do that, the rasplex client cannot connect to the server anymore, libraries are gone. I am sign-out and trying to sign-in in rasplex, the spinning wheel keeps on forever.

If I de-activate the tethering and reboot, now I can sign-in and see the plex server.

What can I do to keep tethering & access to plex server simultaneously ?

Many thanks.

• Tethering changes default routes. It's hard to know whether that's an issue though .. I've never used Rasplex (which is a dead project these days) and the OE codebase it was forked from is also rather ancient now. Show logs of anything/everything and we might be able to figure out what the problem is.