Rpi4 Netflix HD

• Hi! Sorry if this has been asked, but can’t find anything definitive on the forum. Got an Rpi4 running libreelec latest stable 9 and Netflix add on (just installed). No matter what I do, I get no HW decoding and all streams are SD. Any fix for that? Much appreciate any answer.

• Ok, folks, it must be my dumbself, or whatever, but it seems that there will be HD no more for Kodi Leia and it is terminal and definite... Sad, but I guess it's a push towards finally going LE10 with Kodi 19... Anyone can prove me wrong - please do so now )))

• It's only available in SD quality due to DRM protection. Go to the Kodi forum to ask the add-on developer for future plans.

True. And on the aforementioned forum it looks as though there are no plans to support Leia, straight to Matrix.

• Yeah, thanks. One of the reason I was reluctant to upgrade to 10, was my laziness - 'cause I would have to do a fresh install and build the entire thing from scratch ^^ . On the other hand, now that there is a real reason to do so, Netflix SD is driving me nuts, I might actually go for it and build a new one))) I just hope, the things I mostly use the box will install and work with not much hassle, especially my old pre-HD, pre-HDMI tv, which was the reason for the RPI4 and LE in the first place

• UPD. Turns out I am a complete idiot. Being lazy I decided to take another shot at the current setup before installing LE10 from the scratch and (tadaaam!) - found a fix. In the Netflix addon settings, after enabling VP9 etc, you can go to the inputstream settings and manually force min and max resolution to 1080 and, lo and behold - Netflix is HD now (also helps to enable monitor refresh rate sync in the Kodi's player settings for a smoother playback). Everything works. Hope this helps someone.

• Hope this helps ))) In my country they say: -“Laziness is the force behind progress”. Whether that’s true or not is another matter, but in my case it worked. Gotta say that LE is awesome, because it allows me to keep the old TV (it’s not about money, I just love to breathe new life in to old tech) and it works great. Thanks to all the devs and people behind the project.