LE10 RPI4 HDMI signal losses up to black screen

• Good morning.

So this is my setup: I have a RPI4 4GB booting from a SSD using a SATA to USB3 adapter, connected to the internet via ethernet and connected to my media receiver with the standard HDMI cable that came with the pi. I have an official 3A power supply.

The media receiver is connected over HDMI with my tv (1080p).

Im running LE10 now.

The issue is that the TV often looses the HDMI signal while playing a video (but also in the kodi UI) for a short time (maybe 2 or 3 secs). This seems to happen randomly, sometimes more often (30 sec interval) sometimes it does not happen for an hour. In worst cases the TV stays black. No audio while this happens. See kodi.log ate.

What i did so far is test 3 different HDMI cables between the media receiver and the tv all resulting in the same issue. I did NOT have this issue on LE9. I also run getedid so that i can power on the tv after the rpi.

Here is what i can see in the kodi.log file while this happens.

• Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • Okay, i did that but only now the issue reappeared. here is the logfile.

Update: now that i think of it, there is alos one other thing that changed: i installed LE10 on a new SSD where i used an old HDD before. Both connected via the same SATA to USB3 adapter which has its own power supply.

Tho i just noticed that it seems to take its power from the USB3 cable and not its own power supply as i can just takeout the cable while having the pi booted without crashing anything.

So maybe my issue is related to too much power usage from the rpi's psu? Is there any way to block outgoing power of the USB ports while still allowing data transfer to solve this issue i have?

chewitt maybe you can read anything out of my log posted above as its not that helpfull to me :/

Solution: okay the solution was pretty simple after all. I copied the old edid.bin i had on the old drive from the LE9 install over to the new drive and also copied the following lines from config.txt

Code
    dtoverlay=gpio-ir
    hdmi_edid_file=1
    hdmi_edid_filename:0=edid.bin
    hdmi_edid_filename:1=edid.bin
    hdmi_force_edid_audio=1

I have no idea why this solved the issue, i used the getedid command thats installed on LE but seems like it did mess up at some point or i did not use it right.
    Anyways my problem is solved now.

Update: The above did not solve the problem, issue reappeared one day later. Now i reinstalled LE9.2.8 and it seems to be good so far.
    If the issue reappears here again i will update the post again, if not i will open up an issue on github and link it to this post.

Update2: Going back to LE 9.2.8 fixed the issue for me, i created an issue on github: issue

Edited 4 times, last by sp00ktober (October 21, 2021 at 10:34 AM).