Raspberry Pi 4 (LE 10) Video crashing on 4K content. drm:drm_atomic_helper_wait_for_flip_done] *ERROR* [CRTC:76:crtc-3] flip_done timed out

• The device will start playing 4K Video for up to 10 seconds then video stops.

The display is blank.

The debug log has this line

Code
    drm:drm_atomic_helper_wait_for_flip_done] *ERROR* [CRTC:76:crtc-3] flip_done timed out

Logs http://ix.io/3zww

I thought this might be heat, so I changed the case to one with a fan and heat sinks. This did not help.

I tried Xbian and OSMC. They did not crash, but they did not work correctly in other respects. So I don't think its hardware.

Any help gratefully received.

-_Dad

• Thanks for the report! I haven't seen that issue myself yet and pinged the RPi devs.

Can you test if the video plays fine if you set the display resolution to 1920x1080? I suspect it could be related to the 2560x1440 resolution of your monitor.

so long,

Hias

• All HDMI and HW decoder fixes we have so far are in nightly builds.

Note though that the nightlies are based on LE 11 and Kodi 20 - better use the LE10 test build I linked above unless you are in a highly experimental mood and run them from a separate SD card (going back to LE10 most likely won't work without major trouble).

so long,

Hias

• We didn't work around it, latest RPi kernel/firmware and ffmpeg from jc's branch should be all you need.

I haven't seen the flip_done issue for quite a while now (both with 5.10 and 5.15 kernels).

so long,

Hias