TV remote control input lag via CEC - LE 10 on Pi4

• I've just done a full clean install of LE 10 onto a Pi4 (booted via USB) and have noticed that from time to time I get significant input lag of my TV's remote control via CEC over HDMI. I've been running LE 9 on this same Pi4 for ages and this didn't happen.

It usually happens after the Pi has been idle and the screen saver is showing; the remote's input will work for a few seconds, then there will be a lag period of around 4-6 seconds where none of the inputs will register on the UI, then they will all flood in at once. The inputs are obviously delayed in a buffer, waiting to be processed.

I've had a look at the CEC input settings and can't see anything that would cause this, and the CEC settings are the same as another Pi3 I have running LE 9 attached to the same TV via HDMI and also controlled via CEC. I haven't bothered looking at any logs yet, as it's just a mild annoyance at the moment, but maybe it might be something others have experienced with the new LE 10 release and CEC.

• Rats! I just noticed in CEC settings that the option for putting the devices to sleep when activating the screensaver was enabled. I've turned it off and turned off the option for devices to also put in standby mode.

These two CEC setting obviously weren't set to their prior values when I did an importation of the LE 9 settings and I'm guessing one or both of those settings is probably the cause of the lag after waking from sleep.

• Bummer. Even after setting all the CEC settings, it still randomly stalls and I get the input lag via the TV remote.

I'm generally getting a range of other 'lag' and performance issues with LE 10 on my Pi 4B that I wasn't having with LE 9, so I'll wait for the next round of patches / updates and see what changes.

• A debug log may have some clues as to what is happening when you get the lag.

Most likely an addon.

A clean install (either use a spare sdcard or rename /storage/.kodi so kodi doesn't see your current addons and settings) can be used to determine if the issue wasn't present initially. If so the issue can probably be resolved by removing the questionable add-on (or possibly setting).

• It was a full clean install to a new USB thumb drive, but I did import my old LE 9 settings from a backup, because I'm lazy, so I'll do a full clean install and do all the settings manually.