Volume control inactive while watching movies only on RPi4

• I noticed the volume control is inactive while playing movies.

Volume works OK while playing TV shows and music.

This is a fresh build using LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-nightly-20210831-0b11972 and updated to LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-nightly-20210901-0b11972

regards

chook

• Ive updated to the LibrElec-RPI4 -11.0- nightly-20210903 published last night.

The volume control is not working while playing movies. Anyone else experiencing this?

• RPI4B 2GB

The on screen volume control inactivity has returned with the latest nightly update "LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-nightly-20210907-105b76b".

This time it is only active on music. It no longer works on TV shows or Movies. I have tested it using a wireless remote keyboard and a plugin keyboard using the + and - keys.

Chook

• This problem has reemerged with the latest Nightly. LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-nightly-20210921-7455a76

The volume control plus or minus on keyboard or volume control keys does not work while playing movies or videos but works while playing music. The volume works while nothing is being played.

• Nothing has changed in that area during the nightly builds you mentioned.

Are you using (AC3/DTS/...) passthrough? Note that volume control won't work when passing through AC3/DTS/... - if you play a movie with eg 2ch PCM or an audio file it will work though.

so long,

Hias

• Nothing has changed in that area during the nightly builds you mentioned.

Are you using (AC3/DTS/...) passthrough? Note that volume control won't work when passing through AC3/DTS/... - if you play a movie with eg 2ch PCM or an audio file it will work though.

so long,

Hias

Ah...thanks for clarifying for me. Pass-through was on. It can be hit and miss depending on the file audio.

thanks for your time.

chook

Edited once, last by chook55: Merged a post created by chook55 into this post. (September 22, 2021 at 2:11 PM).