Please add more Adafruit Libraries

• I am using AHT10 sensor, so far with Python script, based on this project: GitHub - gejanssen/aht10-python

Unfortunately, in latest LE 10 Nightly builds (perhaps after move to 64 bit kernel) it stopped working, it's a timing issue with i2c communication which returns IO Error 121 or nonsense results. Despite I tried to struggle with time.sleep wait constants, couldn't get it working again. It looks the python script should be improved to communicate with AHT i2c device properly but I am not able to tune it up.

The current script looks like:

I suppose the better results could be achieved with using directly AHT libraries but in Adafruit Libraries Add-on 10.0.0.107 only these are present:

ls /storage/.kodi/addons/virtual.adafruit-libraries/lib/

Adafruit_ADS1x15 Adafruit_LED_Backpack Adafruit_SSD1306

Adafruit_ADXL345 Adafruit_LSM303 Adafruit_TCS34725

Adafruit_BMP Adafruit_MCP3008 Adafruit_VCNL40xx

Adafruit_CharLCD Adafruit_MCP4725 Adafruit_WS2801

Adafruit_DHT Adafruit_PCA9685 SI1145

Adafruit_GPIO Adafruit_PureIO

So the quiestion is - could be possible to extend the Adafruit Libraries Add-on a bit please, at least with AHT?

• Most add-on dev's are at the Kodi forum, so I'm not expecting much feedback here.

Because it's not a very popular lib, I suggest to compile it yourself. I think compiling on Raspberry Pi OS is the easiest, compared to cross-compiling on x86 PC.

PS: Use the 64 bit version of Raspberry Pi OS to be compatible to LE.

• OK, thanks for your reply. I'll give it a try when I find some free time.

Edit: After upgrade to LE 11 Nightly 20210819 the sensor works again with the old script.

Edited once, last by ghtester (August 19, 2021 at 4:00 AM).