MEcool KII Pro s905d 2gb version, dead bricked, Purchase in 2020, Help Required

• s4shail

LibreElec

Write LibreElec img to mSD card. Open the mSD card on the PC. Look for aml_autoscript.. in the first FAT partition.

This script has nothing to do with Android.

Android

*.img unpack

You should only unpack the aml_upgrade_package.img and not extract the individual partitions.

• Dear Sir,

Is there any step by step, tutorial/guide to install image on box...

I have an bricked TV box, and an .img file, previously provided by you,

now i want it to install and get my box working....

i have tried many different steps, as per my little knowledge, as well as searching on google...

but still no success....

• i am using window 10 *.img unpack is for linex (i think)

• Android you can also write to emmc by hand. To do this, you first have to unpack the aml_upgrade_package.img with a repack tool, copy unpacked partitions to the sd card and write to emmc with the following commands:

(First you have to burn the dtb that you already did in step 3), then

Code
    sdc_update dtbo dtbo.PARTITION normal
    sdc_update boot boot.PARTITION normal
    sdc_update recovery recovery.PARTITION normal
    sdc_update logo logo.PARTITIO normal
    sdc_update system system.PARTITION sparse
    sdc_update vendor vendor.PARTITION sparse
    sdc_update odm odm.PARTITION sparse
    sdc_update product product.PARTITION sparse
    reboot

result of manual write attached after extraction....

• s4shail

Now write the u-boot.bin on the eMMC, as described here in Step 2. Then abort autoboot and reset the u-boot environment.

Code
    defenv_reserv -a
    saveenv
    reboot

Edit: Then unplug the uart adapter and connect the HDMI cable, Android should already be running

Edited 2 times, last by bumerc: link (September 7, 2021 at 8:43 AM).

• s4shail

Now write the u-boot.bin on the eMMC, as described here in Step 2. Then abort autoboot and reset the u-boot environment.

Code
    defenv_reserv -a
    saveenv
    reboot

Edit: Then unplug the uart adapter and connect the HDMI cable, Android should already be running

Thanks sir, for your support and guidance. now my dead box is working "aml package image"

but in this software there is no dtv app. i am not able use tv tunner(satellite channels ) ccam,mgcam,bisskey (t2,s2 tuner support)

• but in this software there is no dtv app. i am not able use tv tunner(satellite channels )

You are welcome :)

DVB tuner support is only integrated on the kernel side. You can implement DTV in the Android later. Unfortunately, I no longer have a test device to do this. Use LibreElec for these purposes.

• Ones again thanks for your patience, sir

(DVB tuner support) DTV app with cccam is required, Please suggest any android image /LibreElec for support

or i can install tv box stock firmware by this method, which is used to install aml package.img

Regards,

• Yes, you can reinstall stock fw. However, please note - first run init 3, then you have to write stock dtb to emmc in order to partition it for the respective Android version. Then start the sdcard upgrade as normal with aml_upgrade_package. Regarding emulators - I don't know my way around here.

• Yes, you can reinstall stock fw. However, please note - first run init 3, then you have to write stock dtb to emmc in order to partition it for the respective Android version. Then start the sdcard upgrade as normal with aml_upgrade_package. Regarding emulators - I don't know my way around here.

1. stock dtb will be available in installation image itself?? i may extract and find it.... stock rom will be working on android 7.1 not on any latest version

2. can you suggest some any other image link for the box which support dvb (liberlec android or any other)

3. and also i am experimenting on current installed aml package to install dtv and other android apps, but it seems to be slow and most of the time does not responds,, i was unable to login in to play store also, may be its due to my internet or box wifi connection, i hope, it will get better as i spend more time with it......

• stock dtb will be available in installation image itself?? i may extract and find it.... stock rom will be working on android 7.1 not on any latest version

Yes, unpack stock fw 7.1 and write _aml_dtb.PARTITION on emmc

can you suggest some any other image link for the box which support dvb (liberlec android or any other)

I'll see what I can find later…

and also i am experimenting on current installed aml package to install dtv and other android apps, but it seems to be slow and most of the time does not responds,, i was unable to login in to play store also, may be its due to my internet or box wifi connection, i hope, it will get better as i spend more time with it.

For the time being, you have to adapt the DTV APP to the current Android version. Start Logcat and see what errors occur. Decompile, correct errors and recompile. Does eth connection work in the new ATV9 version? Do you have a 100 or 1000 Mbit interface?

• atv rom is not working for me, wifi keeps discounting, google account login was giving error try again

so decided to install stock rom provided by you previously.

same steps were followed as explained by you log attached

but when HDMI connected only big mecool logo was on the screen and nothing else (box does not boots )

log and files on sd cards attached in img.

• same steps were followed as explained by you log attached

but when HDMI connected only big mecool logo was on the screen and nothing else (box does not boots )

Android 7 cannot be operated with Pie Bootloader. You need to use the Nougat (stock) bootloader

• Android 7 cannot be operated with Pie Bootloader. You need to use the Nougat (stock) bootloader

by "Nougat (stock) bootloader" means the u-boot.bin file that i have used.

from where i can get 'Nougat (stock) bootloader' that can work with my box.

can you provide one, if you have...