Black side bars on all videos - LE10b4 on RPI4b 4GB with Denon AVR-X3600H, Vizio m65 (2018)

• Hi. I have just tried LE10b4 on my RPI. I notice the videos (Youtube, 1080p files, 4k files) are not fully displayed. There are two black side bars on the video and the videos are compressed (thinner). I have to select zoom level "16:9" to get the video to display fully.

Is there anyone experiencing the same problem?

• Go to Best Answer
    • Official Post

Is there anyone experiencing the same problem?

Not really. 16:9 is the default setting, so I'm curious as to which different resolution your RPi4 is activating. I have a simple 1080p TV where a RPi4B works fine, as well as on a 21:9 wide monitor (2560x1080). I get no "free" black bars.

Perhaps you can start by bypassing the Denon AVR, and connect the RPi4 directly to your TV. See if that changes anything.
    And of course providing the kodi.log file (debugging enabled and LE rebooted!) should give some insight.

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • Thank you very much for your quick reply

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AUb99x…ew?usp=drivesdk

The log file is too big for pastebin. I hope you can access the file from my google drive

I played a 4k file, a 1080p file and a Youtube video

The displayed videos were all compressed horizontally, with black bars on the sides, if the video view mode is set to “normal”

Thanks

I forgot to add the UI displays fine and i had LE9.2 on the same Pi and never had this problem before.

Edited once, last by stray_tachyon: Merged a post created by stray_tachyon into this post. (June 25, 2021 at 1:48 AM).

• I've copied the 1st part of the log to Kodi's paste for convenience. It should have enough info: hastebin

Hopefully HiassofT can make some sense of it.

One simple solution could be to set the zoom factor to 'Normal' or to '16:9', and then save that setting for all videos in the Video OSD.

Yup, that’s what I did, changed the view mode to “zoom to 16:9”

Thanks