DVD Playback Freezing / Long Loading Times

• Hi. I am having problems playing back DVDs on my HTPC. I am running LibreELEC 9.2.6

Most DVDs will behave normally, but the problem is that some DVDs (there doesn't seem to be a link as to which ones) when played back will either hang for ages before loading a title or the menu, then just play fine as normal once loaded. The hang can be anywhere from 20 seconds to 6 minutes (the longest I waited before giving up).

For example I have experienced these issues recently with these DVDs.

• American Dad season 7 plays all menus and titles absolutely fine with no delays of any kind on all titles.
    • All 3 back to the future films have no problems either.
    • The Life of Pi loads fine to the menu and all menu functions work normally but when I play the main feature (including scene selection) it takes 2 mins and 38 seconds every time for it to start playing.
    • Independence Day, when I select Play Disc from the Kodi main menu, loads up and plays the 20th Century Fox logo video, then when it is supposed to play the DVD menu it freezes indefinitely. I left it on overnight and it still never started the movie.

Some useful notes:

• All my Home Movie DVDs burned on various OS and using different software over the years have no problems what so ever.
    • All of the DVDs I have tried other than home movies are legal copies purchased by me; they are not copies they are originals.
    • They all play fine in my old Sony DVD player (which I can no longer use as my new TV only has HDMI inputs).
    • The Drive is a Blu-Ray / DVD / CD Drive set to DVD region 0 (from factory). All the discs tested are Region 2.
    • I have used the exact drive in my laptop running Ubuntu 20.04 with VLC Player and the same discs as listed above all play perfectly.

I am hoping someone with more knowledge than myself can help me get the playback to work properly.

Thanks

I forgot to add, after trying the above DVDs on my Dekstop PC running Ubuntu 20.04, everything is working perfectly in Kodi 18.6 and VLC Player. No issues whatsoever.

So it appears the issue is LibreElec specific.

Edited once, last by p_g_787: Merged a post created by p_g_787 into this post. (May 16, 2021 at 8:45 PM).