Why LE10 does not allow unsquashfs SYSTEM

• For RPi4, after burning the SD card, unsquashfs the SYSTEM in it, but the prompt is as follows:

unsquashfs SYSTEM

Filesystem uses unknown compression, this is unsupported by this version

Decompressors available:

gzip

lzma

lzo

lz4

xz

Is the decompression tool wrong?

• It has been updated to the latest squashfs-tools in ubuntu16.04 (see below), but it does not work. I will try to do it in Debian Buster.

”squashfs-tools is already the newest version (1:4.3-3ubuntu2.16.04.3)“

• Successfully decompressed through ubuntu20.04, thank you for your guidance.

By the way, lzo is used for compression for LE9.2.x, why use zstd instead of LE10? Should the compression quality be more efficient?

• By the way, lzo is used for compression for LE9.2.x, why use zstd instead of LE10? Should the compression quality be more efficient?

Yes. Decompression speed is about the same, but compressed size is smaller.

so long,

Hias

• Yes. Decompression speed is about the same, but compressed size is smaller.

so long,

Hias

Got it.

There is currently a strange situation. After I executed the command, the ssh login always prompted the wrong password. What could be the reason?

unsquashfs SYSTEM

fakeroot

[added some files]

mksquashfs squashfs-root SYSTEM -comp zstd

• It may be that something is wrong with the decompression, and it will be normal after doing it again.

In addition, I would like to ask, if the SYSTEM is encrypted (maybe it can be encrypted when compressed), is it possible to provide the key when the system is started for decryption? Where should this KEY be placed? What script uses this key to decompress?

My purpose is to protect SYSTEM, and I don't want a third party to decompress it.