Disabling touchpad tap-to-click

• I've tried to do my homework and see if I could figure our how to disable tap-to-click on the touchpad of my Microsoft wireless keyboard.

The info I've come across entails pointing systemd at /storage/.config/xorg.conf.d/ and adding a 10-synaptics.conf file consisting of:

Code
    Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "touchpad catchall"
        Driver "synaptics"
        MatchIsTouchpad "on"
        MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
        Option "MaxTapTime"             "0"
    EndSection

I've also seen suggestion of instead a libinput.conf file similar to:

Code
    Section "InputClass"
    Identifier "touchpad"
    Driver "libinput"
      MatchIsTouchpad "on"
      Option "Tapping" "off"
      Option "NaturalScrolling" "on"
      Option "ClickMethod" "clickfinger"
    EndSection

Neither seem to work. Xorg seems to be reading that conf directory successfully as it's picking up changes I made for the video driver (to eliminate Intel HW tearing).

I'm trying to understand if any vendor model touchpad would be covered by the latter? Attempts to use "xinput" to determine what hardware X is using doesn't work, as "xinput" doesn't seem to be installed.

Any pointers appreciated... thanks.

• It would probably be useful to know what platform you are using, only x86 builds use x11. All other platforms use libinput.

• Ah yeah, sorry... yeah it's x86_64 on an Asus Chromebox.

Touchpad seems to be detected as:

Code
    Kodi-FR:~ # dmesg | grep Mouse
    [    2.762285] input: Microsoft Microsoft® Nano Transceiver v2.0 Mouse as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-6/1-6:1.1/0003:045E:0800.0002/input/input2
    [    2.762478] hid-generic 0003:045E:0800.0002: input,hidraw1: USB HID v1.11 Mouse [Microsoft Microsoft® Nano Transceiver v2.0] on usb-0000:00:14.0-6/input1