s802 / Realtek RTL8723BS

• Hi - as a total newbie here I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction

I have been given an old MXIII 4k 1gb running Android kitkat so too old to run most apps now.... so I would like to update...

It appears to have an (Amlogic Meson8/Mali-450 MP) S802? with a Realtek RTL8723BS wifi / bluetooth.

Is this supported by any LE builds?

thanks for any help

• It is nnot supported by anything we've ever officially produced and options will be VERY limited. There are some unofficial images that support Meson8 hardware; whether they work on a MXIII clone box is always a dice roll since there are 30+ manufacturers of externally identical boxes with different PCBs and combinations of components inside. You'll have to search the forum for threads and experiment.

• thanks - I'll do a little more reasearch -

Initially I thought I would be able to update the kitkat to v5 or above so that I could use iplayer app etc... but I'm struggling to find such a rom...

now I'm looking at OE/LE/core

I hate to see old technology die wen the h/w still works, but perhaps its not worth really struggling too much more with this particular box.

thanks again