NFS Crash

• Hey,

I just got a new raspberry 4 and installed libreelec on it. I set it up to scan the files on my network share but after some time it crashed. Everytime I restart to raspberry it immediately crashes again. I see the CEC info and then reboot.

When I disconnect the network cable it boots and I can set up stuff. This is how I set up debug logging but I'm not sure if it already logs after booting!

The last lines are:

Is there a possibility to get more information about the crash?

I believe it's some kind of preview jpg generation on the network file share mount which blows the system up.

I already tried the new beta but there is the same problem...

Any ideas or help?

Best regards

Frank

• Official Post

The last lines are:

We always prefer to see the FULL and unmodified log file, so we won't need to rent another crystal ball for more details on your setup.

Also, kindly provide log files via a pastebin service to keep our forum server from bloating up.

This is how I set up debug logging but I'm not sure if it already logs after booting!

The Kodi log start from the very beginning of the application, and there is also the Linux kernel's journal for background/OS processes.

• Ok, as soon as I got a logfile, I'm gonna post it at pastebin.

But for now it seems I don't get any logfiles because it crashes before it writes anything.

I activated debug logfiles with networking off.

As soon as I have network on again (cable in) I don't get any logs.

Code
    [hommesf@stark temp]$ ls -la
    total 5
    drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 1024 Apr 11  2019 .
    drwxr-xr-x 7 root root 1024 Apr 11  2019 ..
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 1024 Apr 11  2019 archive_cache
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root    0 Apr 11  2019 kodi.log
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root    0 Apr 11  2019 kodi.old.log
    drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 1024 Mar 27 14:20 scrapers
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 1024 Apr 11  2019 temp

The Kodi log start from the very beginning of the application, and there is also the Linux kernel's journal for background/OS processes.

Logfiles are empty. How can I get logfiles about booting or where do I find them? I can't check dmesg or anything because it crashes within milliseconds.

Best regards

Frank

• I did not install any addons.

It's a plain installation (2 days old) with only added NFS-Shares. The same happened with new Beta... The mediafolders are configured to use only local database for movies and tv shows.

• Perhaps the SDcard is having hiccups/problems? If your RPi4's firmware is already up-to-date, then you can also boot from a USB stick, or even an SSD connected via USB/SATA. Use a different image writer, Rufus in Windows usually works for me.

I don't think so. When I plug the network cable off if works.

Anyway I installed it new on a USB-Stick.

It reboots immediatly but this time it doesn't even show kodi BUT I do get a logfile:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Some warnings but nothing serious... It just keeps rebooting...

I also tried another raspberry pi 4 but the same happens. I updated the VIA USB firmware and the raspberry firmware to the newest version.

Any ideas? (This time it reboots but nothing has been set up, so it might not be related to the NFS problem...).

Frank

Edited once, last by freanki (April 10, 2021 at 12:40 PM).

• Ok, seems to be a problem of Kodi. The same behavier happens on raspberry OS and Kodi. I think we can close this thread here. I will start a threat on kodi forum.

Thanks for your help!