Music Search

• I have made a home media server (actually just music) with Libreelec running on a Raspbery Pi. It works well, and I can access my music from my PC, phone, and my TV/HiFi setup. I can browse files by artist, album etc. But one thing I cannot do is search the music from any of these devices. I have installed the Global Search add on, and I can search the music using the web browser, but if I try from my phone, or any of the remote devices, I get an error , saying "your media server does not support searching". Is this a problem with the way I have configured Libreelec? Or a fundamental limitation.

• Official Post

but if I try from my phone, or any of the remote devices, I get an error , saying "your media server does not support searching"

Are you using a web browser on your phone using Kodi's web "remote" for searching? It could be possible, I haven't touch the web remote in years.

Have you tried Kodi's remote app Kore on your mobile phone (Android or Apple) for searches? That one works quite nicely.

• Sorry, I didn't explain clearly enough. I am not using my phone to control the server, rather I am using the server as a DNLA device, and playing music either on my phone, or my hifi or TV etc. On my phone I am currently using Hi-FiCast player, though I have also tried other players. My Roberts Radio has DNLA support, and can play the files, while my TV and HiFi also have DNLA playback. I don't think the Kore remote would help, because - if I understand correctly - that actually controls playback from the server, which is not what I am trying to do. Does that explain the situation better?