Sunchip CX-968 H3 LibreElec Boot

• Hello, greetings to all

I am tinkering with an old Sunchip CX-968 with SoC Allwinner H3, whose android 4.4.2 is more than expired, it does not support almost anything current and neither any Kodi after 16.1.

The solution to continue using it, would be to install a LibreElec that supports at least a Kodi 17.x, if 18.x is much better.

Going through the forum I see that there are images for these SoC, they are not in principle for this model, but hopefully, I guess that some .dtb would end up being compatible.

The thing is that I am not able to get the TV Box to search the BOOT to the SD or USB, when I press the reset button at boot time appears the recovery menu, but only to try to find a ROM android, in no case seems to try to boot from USB or SD

And I don't know what it should be a second switch that has the board on the opposite side of the reset, but if I press it before putting the power connector, it does not boot and if you press it once booted, it does nothing.

How can I make it boot from SD or USB?

Regards

• Official Post

H3 supports booting only from micro SD card or eMMC (where Android is installed). You don't need to do anything special for booting from SD card, just burn image and insert it - SD card has higher priority than eMMC.

You can try with Beelink X2 image, but no promises - I don't know if it is compatible. Only currently available images are for LibreELEC 10 which has Kodi 19 (either beta1 from download page or nightly images). There is no image with older Kodi.