Can't build Movie Library

• Maybe someone can enlighten me on how LibreElec works. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if I've hit a bug. I'm thinking it's me though.

I am using LibreELEC offline, with NO INTERNET connection.

So, last night, I pointed LibreELEC to my NAS and tried to build my movie library but no matter what I do, LibreELEC will always give the message that there is no library set up and that I should click "files" to build it. I can build my music library just fine, but anything to do with Video or Movies, fails. I've checked the log and all I see is that the scraper fails to download; there are no errors at all.

When I try and build the movie library, I can see LibreELEC scanning but after it completes, no library shows up. Is it because I'm not connected to the Internet? Does this have to do with the .nfo files or something like that? Is there a workaround to get a library built? I should mention that I have all of my movies in separate folders and inside each folder is the actual movie.

Thanks for the help.

• Kodi assumes that you will define "sources" and then "Set content" for the source to e.g. "Movies" and then scan (scrape) the source, i.e. when it finds a movie it will lookup the movie in TVDB.com and download metadata and fanart etc. to create a rich library view. This fails since you are offline.

To prevent this and still use Libraries you will need to change the scraper for each source to "Use local content only" and provide the metadata via .info or .xml files and locally stored images (in the same folder as the movie normally). The Kodi wiki has lots of info on files/formats and how to arrange the media in folders etc. to do this.

To prevent this and not use Libraries at all .. define sources and browse them via the "Videos" menu item which is a non-Library raw view of the files in the source. Kodi will create thumbnails from the local media, but there's no online lookups.

It sounds like you're missing the step to change the scraper - for each source you've defined.

• Thanks Chewitt, I appreciate that info.

I already did set the scraper to "Use local content only" but didn't do anything with the .nfo files. In fact, all of my sources are set to use local scraper only. I think I remember only 2 options there; one was the online option and the other was a local option.

I can certainly bring the Kodi machine to a place with an Internet connection, but can you tell me if I'd have to have the movies on the same drive in order to scan from TVDB.com? Or, are the movie titles saved somewhere within KodI, where it can pull them for a scrape? Reason is, my movies are on a NAS, and the NAS would be impossible to get over to an Internet connection.

Thanks again for all your help and your contribution to this really cool program!