Is it possible to install 3rd party software and scripts?

• I have a Pi 3b+ and had been running libreelec for a couple years now and have been really happy with it. I just added a Pi Sugar 2 battery board and that's where my problems started. The Pi Sugar has an install script that installs a web interface to be able to see the battery level, and to be able to set the actions of a programable button (shutdown, reboot...). But when I SSH to libreelec, I can't seem to do much of anything in the terminal. No "apt install..." no "yum" no "snap"... I'm not a linux guru by any means and I know that libreelec is "just enough linux for kodi", but I feel like there has to be a way to expand the functionality to install other things in the background. Any help would be much appreciated.

I tried switching to Raspberry OS and just installing Kodi on that, but I had performance issues doing that (putting that question in a separate thread).

Thanks all.

• Most installations are simple enough to copy and paste files instead of using a package manager. If you provide a link to those scripts, then someone eventually posts some installation hints.

I'm skeptical about the web interface, because Kodi already has it's own. My advice is to use one or more LED's instead. That's good enough for showing battery level.