ES3816 Analog Audio - NanoPi M4 - No Audio - LibreELEC (official) 9.2.6 - RK3399.arm

• Hey Guys,

as the title already tells, im getting no audio through the 3.5mm audio jack from kodi.

I already looked trough the Forum but couldnt find anything that helps.

Hardware:

• SoC: Rockchip RK3399
      • CPU: big.LITTLE,Dual-Core Cortex-A72(up to 2.0GHz) + Quad-Core Cortex-A53(up to 1.5GHz)
      • GPU: Mali-T864 GPU,supports OpenGL ES1.1/2.0/3.0/3.1, OpenCL, DX11, and AFBC
      • VPU: 4K VP9 and 4K 10bits H265/H264 60fps decoding, Dual VOP, etc
    • PMU: RK808-D PMIC, cooperated with independent DC/DC, enabling DVFS, sofeware power-down, RTC wake-up, system sleep mode
    • RAM: Dual-Channel 4GB LPDDR3-1866, or Dual-Channel 2GB DDR3-1866
    • Flash: no Onboard eMMC, but has a eMMC socket
    • Ethernet: Native Gigabit Ethernet
    • Wi-Fi/BT: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth combo module, 2x2 MIMO, dual antenna interface
    • Video Input: one or two 4-Lane MIPI-CSI, dual ISP, up to 13MPix/s,supports simultaneous input of dual camera data
    • Video output
      • HDMI: HDMI 2.0a, supports 4K@60Hz,HDCP 1.4/2.2
      • one 4-Lane MIPI-DSI
    • Audio Out: 3.5mm Dual channel headphone jack, or HDMI
    • Audio In: one microphone input interface
    • USB 3.0: four USB 3.0 Type-A ports
    • USB Type-C: Supports USB2.0 OTG and Power input
    • microSD Slot x 1
    • 40Pin GPIO Extension ports:
      • 3 X 3V/1.8V I2C, up to 1 x 3V UART, 1 X 3V SPI, 1 x SPDIF_TX, up to 8 x 3V GPIOs
      • 1 x 1.8V 8 channels I2S
    • 24Pin Extension ports:
      • 2 independent native USB 2.0 Host
      • PCIe x2
      • PWM x1, PowerKey
    • Debug: one Debug UART, 4 Pin 2.54mm header, 3V level, 1500000bps
    • LED: 1 x power LED and 1 x GPIO Controlled LED
    • RTC Battery: 2 Pin 1.27/1.25mm RTC battery input connector
    • Power supply: DC 5V/3A
    • PCB: 8 Layer, 85 mm x 56 mm
    • Ambient Operating Temperature: -20℃ to 70℃
  • Most of the time the upstream focus on "board" devices is making the HDMI output work and you only see support for the 3.5mm Jack on devices that run ChromeOS. Does the upstream kernel (device-tree) for your board support the 3.5mm audio jack?

• Hey there thanks for that quick answer!

I have to admit that im kind of a newbie and didnt dwell too deep into the topics of a linux operating system. As i understand your post, youre saying that the focus of the libeElec distro is to make the audio output work for hdmi but the underlying system might not be supporting (/having any drivers) for the hardware audio chip/device responsible for the 3.5mm output of my sbc, am i right?

What made me curious was the fact that 'ES3816 Analog Audio' is an option to choose from in the dropdown menu and therefore i thought that those drivers are existing.

Sorry for being kind of a newbie and maybe asking dumb questions, but could explain to me how i can check for that you asked me for? (sorry for my bad english its not my first language) If that would be too time consuming for you, you can also point me to some ressources i could go through to get a better understanding of the topic, thanks in advance!