The Movie Database Scraper is thrown off by (year) and ".iso" in filenames

• Hi folks,

i am using 9.2 on a RPi4. I started off two years ago on a RPi3 with an older version when everything worked fine. At some point, without knowingly changing anything, the Movie DB scraper seems to be unable to decode the filenames properly. It tries, fails, then prompts me the full movie name "name (year).iso" and asks to type the movie name manually. When I remove the year and the .iso it immediately finds all the movies with the same name and lets me chose the right one. This behavior took over when moving from RPi3 to RPi4 and while updating Libreelec and all the add-ons.

While this is not a major deal-breaker, as luckily I already have the majority of my collection scanned in the beginning when it was still working, it is still annoying. Would be nice if the automatic library update would be working again.

Does anyone have an idea what might be wrong here? Am I stupid, overlooking a setting, is there a known interactions between plugins, etc?

Thanks for your help,

Best

Michael

all files are in one folder, all named according to the movie database in the format <name> (<year>).iso

• IIRC the default scraper changed from TVDB (v17) to TMDB (v18) due to TVDB switching to a commercial model and removing their user forums and other support methods. So the change will have nothing to do with RPi3 vs RPi4 but you probably switched hardware when switching to v18 and thus picked up the change at the same time. There are some tips in Add-on:TMDb TV Shows - Official Kodi Wiki to help with picking the correct show.

• Hi chewitt, thanks for the reply. I agree, that the hardware change is liekly not the cause of the problem. However, I am specifically talking about movies, not TV shows. Afaik movies are supposed to be named as stated above and it seems to be just the name and file-type that is somehow preventing the scraper from finding the link to the online resource.