LibreELEC (Matrix) 10.0 BETA1 the Remote-Control dos does not work

• On my Rockchip 3328 (Popcorn Hour Transformer) the Remote-Control dos does not work with the new LibreELEC (Matrix) 10.0 BETA1 (LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-9.95.1-rock64.img.gz).

I also tried the nightly build (LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-10.0-nightly-20210318-c5d7822-rock64.img.gz), it doesn’t work either.

I don’t get passed the start screen “choose language” , so I can not provide a log .

• Go to Best Answer
  • Thank you very much chewitt

I am newbie, with very little knowledge of Linux/SSH, but I managed to ssh "kodi-remote" to navigate on the screen from my Windows 10 PC, but the remote still doesn’t work, what I must do to make the remote work?

• HansRJ : In mainline kernel RK3328 roc-cc doesn't have a preconfigured keymap defined, which makes sense, since the device isn't sold with a paticular remote - so you'll have to create a keymap your own following the tutorial at Infra-Red Remotes - LibreELEC.wiki. We also have a lot of preconfigured rc keymaps installed as kernel modules which you can find at ls /lib/modules/*/kernel/drivers/media/rc/*.

Other options to control the device is via USB/BT keyboard or CEC.

Edit: sorry: I mixed devices up: but the same is true for rock64.

• knaerzche thank you for your help.

As I said I am newbie, with very little knowledge of Linux, I have tried and tried he tutorial, and I cannot make the remote work. I went back to version 9.2.6. which the remote works.

I do understand your arguments but her I am taking about the official version (LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-9.95.1-rock64.img.gz) of LibreELEC for specific box (Popcorn Hour Transformer which comes with specific remote) and the remote doesn’t work?

Maybe because this is a beta version. I hope in the final version the remote will work, otherwise I stuck with 9.2.6 version

• As I said I am newbie, with very little knowledge of Linux, I have tried and tried he tutorial, and I cannot make the remote work. I went back to version 9.2.6. which the remote works.

Yeah, you've said that before and I could have been a bit more verbose :)

I checked which keymap we had in LE9.2 for rock64 - it was pine64. So all you would have to do is to login to your box via ssh - and execute

Code
    echo "* * pine64.toml" > /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg

re-check if content of that new file is OK with:

Code
    cat /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg

which should give

Code
    * * pine64.toml

after that

Code
    reboot

After that your remote should be working again.