LibreELEC + Yahboom RGB Cooling Hat

• Hello guys,

I bought Yahboom RGB Cooling Hat and i was trying to use it with RPI 4b with LibreELEC OS. I have tried tutorial on manufacturers site here and somethig from this forum as well here.

I allready installed Raspberry Pi Tools and System tools as well. i cannot use I2C communication from RPI and that script (RGB_Cooling_HAT.py) gives me an error so I asume im doing something wrong.

Can anybody help me w this?

• Did you try to import sys tools to script..

Never played with this hat but give it a go..

Code
    import smbus
    import time
    import os
    import sys
    sys.path.append('/storage/.kodi/addons/virtual.rpi-tools/lib')
  • Did you mean into this script?

And i would like to ask about /storage/ folder should it be there when i've got nothing like this in my directories.

allready tried it with and without /storage/ folder and it didn't work

• I was looking for adding permissions but im unsure where to look at.

• I think it's another issue you have..

Never played with adafruit on LE but I dont't think virtual.rpi-tools is what you need to run that script..

I m sure I v seen an adafruit library addon somewhere on this forum..but have no idea where to start from ..

Ok had a look it's in LE repo virtual.adafruit-libraries

Looks like it got what you need

look here

Edited once, last by Mario77 (March 18, 2021 at 8:32 PM).

• Allright guys i did it. It is working now. I've changed every path to correct one and i imported everything as shown in code below:

Thanks everyone for help.

Edited once, last by cmekintosh (March 19, 2021 at 12:16 AM).

• Allright guys i did it. It is working now. I've changed every path to correct one and i imported everything as shown in code below:

Thanks everyone for help.

Great Job!

Didn't notice you needed also system-tools libraries for smbus.so

Glad it's working ..