wol_mac or alternative

• Hello all,

I am trying to use the boot options wol_mac and wol_wait to start up my NAS before LibreElec boots. I can't find any good info on this, so I've had to extrapolate most of it from syslinux scripts. I ended up changing the /flash/syslinux.cfg to include;

Code
    LABEL linux
     KERNEL /KERNEL
     APPEND boot=LABEL=System disk=LABEL=Storage  quiet wol_mac=00:1F:D0:8B:A2:85 wol_wait=10

This does not seem to work. A thread on this forum from a few years ago suggests that wol_* options only work in case of netboot, but looking at the current syslinux scripts that no longer seems to be the case.

If for some reason I cannot get this to work, what is the alternative? It does not appear there are any commandline tools available on LibreElec to send a WOL packet and it also does not appear easily possible to install extra packages.

Any help would be appreciated!

• I guess it still only works for netboot then :(

I want to mount NFS filesystems before Kodi starts, to circumvent using Kodi's built-in libNFS to make the connection, as it doesn't play nice with specific kernel versions on my NAS. (See answer to debian - Kodi Libreelec stuttering playback from NFS share - Stack Overflow).

But from what I gather, it will not be possible to send WOL outside of Kodi. I guess I'm building my own kernel next...

Thanks for the reply and the links though!

• I believe using /storage/.config/autostart.sh you may run a WOL script (I saw some python scripts doing that in past) and postpone the Kodi start until your NAS is ready.