LibreELEC first run from SSH with broken HDMI output so blind with no graphical user interface

• Hello to everyone. I fear there isn't a solution for what I'm going to talk about but I try. I have an Orange Pi PC with broken HDMI and I'd like to use it with its tv-out output. I know it isn't supported out of the box but support can be added playing with overlays on the latest nightlies from jernej (thanks to him for his great work and help).

The problem is that I've tried to install the latest nightly image (writing it to a microsd by Passmark imageusb as I always do; I've tried even with the official LibreELEC sd creator with the same outcome) and I recall fairly well that on first run ssh needs to be activated from the GUI indeed if I try to connect to my OPi PC address as root user I always get "connection refused". My idea was to login by SSH, make the necessary modifications then get, hopefully, a working tv-out so the graphical user interface but this way I'm stuck.

Is there a way round this problem I'm not aware of? Maybe building an image with SSH enabled OOTB or something similar? Thanks in advance for your replies and a nice day to you all! :)

• chewitt

I don't know how to thank you! I've taken the MicroSD out of my OPi PC, put it inside my laptop, mounted it under Ubuntu and edited the file /extlinux/extlinux.conf adding

Code
    ssh

at the end of the line beginning by

Code
    APPEND

indeed the kernel boot parameters and voila, now I've got a working SSH connection. Great! Now I can go on with my attempt to get a working tv-out. I'm marking the thread as solved. Thanks again! :)