Old things in database via UPNP

• Hello,

I use Libreelec 9.2.6 on a raspi. With a direct HDMI connection to my TV I can see the correct items in my database like series or movies.

But when I make a UPNP connection to my raspi it also shows old historical series / movies which were deleted months before.

How can I fix this problem? I've tried to reorganize my database but this didn't work.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Talcom

• First question perhaps: why use UPnP on a RPi that is connected to your TV?

Using a SMB or NFS connection to your media/file server is much more preferable without the hassle of UPnP.

In Kodi, you will need to fill the video database properly with a decent file protocol first anyway.

• Thanks for your answer.

My Raspi is connected via HDMI to my TV. But I've got a second TV and the mobile items too. So it is a idea to use Libreelec like a server for all of them. And UPnP is one option to connect it. But I will test SMB or NFS as well.

Please describe your last thing for me. What will I have to change with my video database? And where? Do you have an example for me?

• But I've got a second TV and the mobile items too. So it is a idea to use Libreelec like a server for all of them. And UPnP is one option to connect it. But I will test SMB or NFS as well.

Ah.. It's always handy to know the full story. Personally I tried UPnP a long time ago, but it didn't suit my needs. External subtitles were not supported. I have no clue with UPnP's database is falling behind, something must be cached somewhere.

Sharing metadata in a centralized database can also be done via the MariaDB Server add-on. That is, depending on which type of RPi you have...