RPi4 Video slows down after resolution change, only affects 1080p x264

• After playing with the resolution when watching a 2160p x265 file, suddenly LibreElec (9.2.6) will have slowdowns and stuttering when playing many 1080p x264 files.

It is only the video that shows this, the audio plays fine.

While playing, the video will often slightly slow down and speed back up, or just stutter. When I seek (+-30 sek), the video will slow down to a point where it can be several seconds out of sync with the audio. If I pause at this point, the video will continue to play untill it catches up with the paused audio and then pause.

I've tried deinterlacing options, sync fps to monitor, etc. Nothing seems to fix it.

Debug log, path and filenames removed. I have added >>> marks to what files works and those that are problematic. I used files I know works and problematic.

I did notice that the bitrate for the 1080p that works fine is under 9000 kb/s bitrate, while the ones that doesn't are over 9000 kb/s. I can provide mediainfo for more specific data.

Edited once, last by Dragen: Updated the thread after a lot more poking. (February 10, 2021 at 12:05 AM).

• Updated main entry after poking around a lot more. It seems it only happens to 1080p x264.

mediainfo from file that works:

mediainfo from problematic file:

• There is no further development on LE 9.2 so best thing would be to switch to LE10 nightly images. They are quite stable for RPi4 now. The video driver stack is completely different so you might find new and exciting issues, but if you do, they may be fixed (unlike LE9.2 where they won't be).