Sound is skipping when going in the menu while playing a movie in the background

• Hello,

I have an old Dell inspiron Zino HD 400 that i have upgraded to 4gb ram and Athlon II x3 420E. Everything works fine I can watch flawlessly everything i download and its a big upgrade from the Ugoos UT4 android box i had before.

The issue is that while i am watching a movie if i quit full screen and go back to the menu while a movie is playing the sound skips every 3-5 secs. I checked the CPU usage normally its at 10-20% but when the sound skips the cpu jumps to 50-60%.

Any idea what is that all about ? I can give you any info you require to draw you conclusions, Let me know.

Thank you

Chris

• You can try some settings from this thread. Especially switch off "sync playback to display" and "de-interlacing".

I already had "sync playback to display" off. "de-interlacing" was on i disabled it nothing changed, maybe the audio starts to skip every 7 seconds now, or its just a placebo effect.

Watching a movie full screen ( and not in the background while navigating the settings ) is fine, the movie plays flawlessly

• OK, it was worth a try. It's the mix of GUI and video streaming that stresses the GPU (not the CPU).

Your idea of upgrading the CPU to get better LE speed doesn't work. It's as I said earlier: Don't invest into that old system.

I forgot to say that with "de-interlacing" off cpu usage is 8-10% and does not spike anymore along with the skipping of the sound ( but it maybe the video I used now, not that taxing on the cpu ). Does not seem like stress. Happens everywhere from low quality YT videos to high bitrate x265 HVEC.

Without the upgrade I could not play x265 HVEC, videos had low refresh rate and they skipped, after installing the Athlon II x3 420e x265 HVEC videos play smoothly. The upgrade did fix that. and the cost has like 10$.

The issue only appears when you hit the gear icon and go back to the menu, I am pretty sure its just a setting somewhere, if you have any more ideas let me know, I will keep trying to find a fix.

Libreelec detects the CPU as 800mhz instead of 2.6Ghz ( Bios detected the CPU fine ) does this have anything to do with the skipping ?. The upgrade to the new CPU DID allow me to play higher bitrate videos.

• Correction:

Right after you switch to the menu the CPU is at the correct frequency but at some point it drops to 800mhz and starts skipping. So its some kind of power saving setting.