mpv and btrfs mount

• Hello,

I am new to kodi, i have a collection of film but since now i was watching them on my linux pc with mpv. I am addicted to the smoothmotion function of mpv, and i don't find any equivalent in kodi or other player (or am i blind ?), also it's gpu-hq mode have excellent quality. It's really a shame, 3:2 pulldown is a real nightmare on 60hz display, and i think the industry will stay stupid and keep using the crappy 24 fps from the middle age...

Long story short i bought a 7.68tb pcie 3 pro ssd (u2) and as i couldn't fit i correctly in my computer. I saw in the wiki this is possible to use mpv instead of the integrated player so i deceide to give kodi a try. I own a odroid H2+ (x86_64 with intel celeron soc) that i will use for now.

For a linux's user point of view, it's strange to have no package manager or a clear way to have a shell. I had to use a nightly build because the ethernet of the h2+ wasn't working, except that no problem whatsoever but i have two question. First as you figure it out, how can i install mpv, i don't find it anywhere. I guess it's not in the plugin repositary, so my only hope is to find a .zip package ?

Another question, my ssd with my data seems to be auto mounted by libreelec, i use btrfs with two option (autodefrag and compress=zstd). How can i make libreelec to mount my ssd with these options ?

Thanks

• For a linux's user point of view, it's strange to have no package manager or a clear way to have a shell. I had to use a nightly build because the ethernet of the h2+ wasn't working, except that no problem whatsoever but i have two question. First as you figure it out, how can i install mpv, i don't find it anywhere. I guess it's not in the plugin repositary, so my only hope is to find a .zip package ?

Another question, my ssd with my data seems to be auto mounted by libreelec, i use btrfs with two option (autodefrag and compress=zstd). How can i make libreelec to mount my ssd with these options ?

There is no MPV in LE and no package to add (and no package manager) and we don't support alternative players like Desktop oriented distros. It is technically possible to force a local console to exist but the idea is the HTPC is connected to the TV and you're sat at another device with SSH access to the HTPC box. You can put custom udev rules in /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/ that override the embedded rules with different mount options. We are probably not the distro you are looking for.